Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain IT infrastructure environments for Managed Services customers, which may include, but are not limited to: enterprise data storage systems, mainframe (IBM System z), midrange (IBM Power), Windows, and/or Unix/Linux systems and associated software; network infrastructure environments; virtualized systems, monitoring infrastructure, database systems, and security tools. The Managed Services Sr. Engineer ensures high levels of availability and security of the supported systems and business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of virtualized and physical infrastructure in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
This particular position will be responsible for all elements of Cisco IP telephony solutions that includes Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) clusters, Unified messaging with Unity Voicemail, Cisco PSTN voice gateways, Personal Assistant, Conference Connection, Network Configuration. Additional responsibilities will include day-to-day administration, maintenance of client voice and network networking equipment
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of technical tasks in support of Managed Services customers. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Installs, implements, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions
- Plans, develops, installs, configures, maintains, supports, and optimizes client network hardware, software, and communication links
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, and responds to system performance issues
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Performs database installations, updates/patches/upgrades, tuning, performance monitoring, replication, back-ups, security, user management, and resource management
- Researches and makes recommendations on infrastructure products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Conducts transaction, performance, and security audits
- Performs routine system backups and restores
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises and planning
- Follows change control, incident response, and testing processes
- Communicates and enforces, through system procedures, data storage retention policies
- Monitors, analyzes, and predicts trends for equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements
- Creates scripts to automate common tasks
- As needed, assumes a technical lead role on designated customers and/or technologies
- Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and change orders, providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
- Creates required reports in response to business user needs
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for systems and/or database administration and appropriate use
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc) for the Managed Services practice
- Works with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client relationship
- Partners with the Managed Services Continuous Improvement team on pre-sales support activity and design and scoping of services
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years of IT engineering work experience dealing with one or more infrastructure solutions supported by the Managed Services practice (Networking Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, Mainframe, Midrange, Windows, and/or Unix/Linux systems, virtualization technologies, monitoring infrastructure, database systems, and/or security tools)
- Experience with Cisco IP Telephony LAN and WAN configuration, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated experience with modern networking architectures and technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of internetworking concepts such as DNS resolution and internet security
- Demonstrated knowledge of telephony principles
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot IT Infrastructure systems and configurations in designated area of specialty
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a managed services environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to lead other team members in executing customer projects and support
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Cisco certification: CCNA (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Industrial, Routing & Switching, Wireless, Security, Service Provider, Voice)
- Managed Services experience
- Technical certifications in areas of specialty
Data Privacy & Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.