Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to work with Managed Services Sales Specialists in developing and enhancing Managed Services sales by architecting an outsourcing solution across a client’s data center infrastructure.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides analyses and technical support for client’s Managed Services engagements, and assists the account team with development of proposals, quotations and presentations; responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business
- Performs account management duties to include research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Prepares sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Identifies emerging solution areas and strategic business opportunities for investment consideration
- Develops solution offering standards and develops design patterns
- Works with finance to maintain the Sirius Managed Services pricing tools; maintains the Sirius sales portal around due-diligence gathering and standard solution sales materials
- Leads managed services solution whiteboard sessions with executives/business leaders
- Gathers key metrics to determine scope; organizes the information into the pricing model
- Masters and applies expert knowledge of information technology and associated leading edge solutions and strategies related to the client’s business to attain business unit objectives
- Works with Sales Specialists to develop a long-term business relationship with the client’s management and key decision-makers, providing outsourcing solutions to meet the client business needs
- Develops solution strategies, particularly managed service offerings; assists with and monitors many opportunities of varying complexities; works with resource coordinators/managers to ensure that appropriate quantity and quality of technical and services resources are deployed
- Is mentored by more senior level resources through shadowing and other methods to support growth and develop technical expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years of IT engineering experience dealing with infrastructure solutions supported by Sirius’
- Managed Services practice (Networking, Converged Infrastructure, Storage, Mainframe, Midrange).
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to architect IT Outsourcing Solutions
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a Managed Services environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Prior technical pre-sales experience
- ITIL and/or PMI certification
- Managed Services experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.