The Sales Analytics Lead analyzes and interprets sales performance by segment (business area, customer type, brand level, etc.) and provides recommendations on areas of opportunity to the Management Team including Senior Leaders. This role focuses on providing rich and actionable insights on sales data to increase productivity and effectiveness of the Sales Organization. In addition, the Lead will play a larger role in driving strategic initiatives and communicating with project leaders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Reporting and Analysis
- Summarize analysis learnings, package, and present insights to share with VPs and executive level management
- Design, develop, and implement predictive reports for the Sales Leadership Team
- Design and produce sales reports on a regular cadence and drive adoption of reports
- Perform ad hoc analysis for Senior Sales Leaders
Strategic Advisor for Sales Leadership
- Work closely with Sales Leaders and advise on strategic initiatives
- Assess various sales force strategies throughout the year
Process Improvement Champion
- Evaluate ways to improve processes to streamline data delivery
- Bring new ideas for process improvement tools to the table (i.e. o365 applications)
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT on all technical sales projects
- Perform usage analysis of our BI software and provide key findings to Directors and VPs
- Mentor Specialists and Analysts on the team by assisting in training and supporting on projects
- Leads may have Specialists and/or Analysts dotted line to them, in an effort to promote leadership skills
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years analyst experience with sales analysis, financial analysis, econometrics, or statistics
- Expert-level Excel skills (will be tested)
- Cognos, Pyramid Analytics, or other analytical or business intelligence tool experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develops actionable recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience effectively presenting to executives (examples of written communication to be provided)
- Strong editorial skills with acute attention to detail (will be tested)
- Strong process improvement skills
- History of balancing multiple time-sensitive priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong cross functional relationships
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Project
- Six Sigma Certification
- PMP certification preferred and 3-5 years of project management experience
- 3-5 years Power BI experience
- SQL Server Management experience
- Data warehouse experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.