Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Enterprise Business Architect is a client facing, pre-sales technologist that works with designated accounts and acts as a value-added technical advocate for Sirius clients. An Enterprise Business Architect is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate products, managed and professional services.
This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to LOUs (Letters of Understanding), HLDs (High Level Design), LOEs (Level of Efforts), Client Proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work). This role entails the following responsibilities; collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit to Sirius.
The Enterprise Business Architect is a Sirius field resource who uses technical and industry experience to create client value and drive broader and deeper relationships with clients. The Enterprise Business Architect works in collaboration with client executives and other Sirius practices to clearly understand client business and technology requirements to design solutions that fulfill the customer’s most complex needs. Using established solution frameworks, EBA’s provide both pre-sales and billable client consulting. They work with Sirius technology teams to craft client solutions and speed time-to-sale by architecting solutions that meet requirements, minimize deployment risk, and enhance client business value. EBA’s also provide SME expertise in specific client industries, technologies, and/or services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Facing Sales Support – Works with sales account team, interfacing directly with Sirius clients. Builds trusted advisor relationships, understanding client’s business challenges and proposing solutions
- Develops High Level Designs and Architectures – Creates and documents architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
- Create Proposals – SOWs (Statements Of Work), LOUs (Letters of Understanding), business cases and RFP responses
- Performs business outcome assessments across multiple architectures
- Sales Planning – Works with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long-term trusted relationship status
- Billable Consulting – Provides services as part of client projects that are billable, usually in a project oversight mode, and meets or exceeds the minimum services participation target objective for this position
- Mentors other engineers to apply business/engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products
- Intellectual Property Development – Contributes to the development of Sirius intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.)
- Administrative Overhead – Responds to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner; completes expense reports and status reports as required
- Training – Develops and executes a professional training plan that will enhance skills
- Participates in or leads Consulting sales efforts inclusive of customer meetings, white board briefing sessions, discovery sessions, workshops, writing Statements of Work, and budgeting
- Leads or participates in Consulting billable engagements
- Works with Client Executives and partners to develop Sirius sales opportunities
- Participates in Consulting engagements as an individual contributor, developing deliverables such as assessments, scorecards, workshops, strategies, roadmaps, IT service roadmap and solution end states in detailed and executive level format
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a customer strategy, focused topic, or general briefing with a broad array of customer participants (and other Sirius practices), organizational levels (CxO to individual contributor), objectives, and experiences resulting in recommendations for solutions to customer business problems.
- Maintains an expertise in a specific consulting framework (s) or industry discipline (s) and contributes to or leads the development of consulting offerings
- Is able to lead and direct multiple personnel across the customer and Sirius practices in sales and billable situations
- Possesses the ability to work at the CxO level as a value-added trusted advisor
- Possesses the ability to provide consulting leadership end-to-end from strategy to implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least ten (10) years of IT engineering experience dealing with infrastructure solutions in a specified Sirius practice (Networking, Converged Infrastructure, Storage, etc.), including five (5) years of experience with large enterprise cross-brand projects
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Technical writing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- At least three (4) years of experience in pre-sales engineering and/or sales in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment
- Four (3) years billable consulting experience
- Three (3) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment
- Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management
- Demonstrated experience in the selling and delivery of multi-million dollar enterprise-size, complex projects
- Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.