Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything necessary to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, CDW-Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is seeking a senior leader to serve as Director, Data Analytics within Technology Integration, reporting to the EVP, TI.
The Director, Data Analytics plays a critical role in making sure that Focal Point is meeting client needs and maintaining its professional and partner relationships. The Director is accountable for the growth and maturation of the Data Analytics practice, meeting financial and business goals by building both capabilities and a team to meet the needs of Focal Point and CDW clients. This Director is collaborative with across many cross-functional teams and internal organizations.
- Establishment and execution of the roadmap and vision for the Data Analytics team.
- Build and maintain an operations model that meets the financial goals established by Focal Point/CDW and TI.
- Know and report on KPI’s for the team on a regular basis.
- Interact with clients, industry professionals and marketing/sales to ensure a cohesive and supportable Go To Market strategy is in place and articulated to appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify and hire key talent to support practice growth and capabilities.
- Lead data architects and data engineers to architect and deliver solutions that fulfill key customer Data Analytics needs and that align with the roadmap and vision
- Oversee, working with the DA team as well as Senior TI Leadership and CDW’s PPM (Partner Management) team, the growth and affiliation of partner technology offerings and capabilities, including Splunk and Microsoft.
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the practice can scale and evolve accordingly.
- Develop a service delivery model that creates a Data Analytics and Data Science Center of Excellence which can provide services to clients via other delivery practices withing Focal Point and CDW more broadly. Examples include Data Analytics service capability in support of GRC, IAM, Audit and Cyber.
- Recommend IP creation and budgetary needs.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met.
- Take an active role in the performance management process by completing goal setting, interim review, and year-end review on a timely basis and soliciting ongoing feedback
Qualifications - External
- Minimum five years leading a team including data architects, engineers, quality assurance, and operations professionals.
- Referenceable track record of customer success with Data Analytics and Data Science initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated understanding of data quality programs, enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management and data management
- Experience with two or more vendors in any of the following areas including; Splunk (preferred), SQL Server, ACL, Arbutus, Alteryx, Oracle 11g, MySQL, Oracle Exadata, SAP HANA, Hadoop, SAS, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, SAP Business Objects, SAS and other Analytics Vendors with BI components
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.