The Operations Advisor role in Integrated Technology Solutions Small Business (ITS-SB) is a shared resource that supports Advisors and Specialists across ITS-SB as well as Sales most often through Technology Opportunity Manager (T.O.M.) case management. These coworkers are responsible for streamlining processes required for contracts and orders. Additionally, the Operations Advisor identifies opportunities for ITS-SB Advisors and Specialists to engage and expand the sale or transition into an optimal licensing program. Operations Advisors work efficiently and effectively to ensure the most accurate responses are delivered with the appropriate amount of sensitivity and timeliness to all parties.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Become a subject matter expert on Microsoft’s operational processes for legacy licensing programs (MPSA, EA) and CSP.
- Ensure accuracy of orders submitted through the router.
- Analyze product mix on orders and/or quotes and makes upsell and cross sell recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist with Software Assurance Benefits (SAB) activation calls and walkthroughs on Microsoft’s Volume.
- Licensing Service Center (VLSC) site.
- Participate in campaigns focused on driving upsell goals.
- Enter all anniversary orders into SPS within Microsoft timelines.
- Provide Account Managers with information that supports achievement of On-time Renewals and True-ups.
- Support ITS-SB Advisors and Account Managers with operational and administrative tasks associated with licensing tasks.
- Respond to email or phone inquiries from Account Managers and ITS resources
- Become a subject matter expert for all assigned software and order processes.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process development and improvement.
- Responsible management of accuracy for all assigned software orders.
- Respond to all Select Plus Proration Requests utilizing Microsoft Proration Tool.
- Provide quality assurance by checking and ensuring all steps for software agreements are followed.
- Proactively manage the Select/Select Plus annual payment orders.
- Handle order escalations with internal departments and vendors.
- Submit Microsoft Licensing Statement (MSL) requests.
- Handle inbound Microsoft Inside Territory Manager (ITM) requests.
- Handle MPSA licensing requests.
- Assist with EA Workbook and True Up Worksheet builds.
- Enter AWS ACE registrations into the AWS portal based on information provided by sales
- Create Microsoft contracts upon request.
- Provide guidance to sales on quotes and opportunity pricing based on established pricing structures.
- Engage with internal departments such as Purchasing, PPM, Finance and the Bid Desk to assist in the completion of daily operational requests.
- Achieve necessary certifications in assigned license programs as needed.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-yrs experience with MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Strong communication skills both orally and written using a variety of style and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to understand data finding to draw conclusions an develop actionable recommendations.
- Proven track record of high satisfaction ratings from project stakeholders.
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
- Committed to building and maintaining strong working relationships with management and staff.
- Demonstrated strict attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Ability and willingness to conduct research and learn new systems/reports.
- Must work proactively and balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel in addition to basic computer knowledge
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Good communication skills with internal and vendor stakeholders.
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiate and creatively problem solve.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations of client sites.
- Experience in similar role
- 2-yrs customer service experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.