The Bid Desk Supervisor is responsible for all partner vendor and internal bid programs and processes to ensure CDW offers the best and most competitive prices on products. This role manages the implementation of special bid pricing to increase company margin and revenue. The Bid Desk Supervisor interfaces with Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Accounting and Manufacturer representatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise and develop the Bid Desk coworkers to achieve and exceed departmental goals, including turnaround times, incremental revenue, accuracy and efficiency.
- Oversee partner rebate programs, ensuring process and procedures are followed.
- Identify areas of process improvement and make recommendations to Increase efficiency of the entire bid process to increase margin and grow revenue.
- Implement and manage Partner programs/resources that enable Sales to utilize Partner sponsored bid programs to positively affect margin and revenue growth.
- Serve as the cross-function liaison between key departments related to bid process, including Sales, Finance, Vendor Incentives, Commissions, Drop Ship, Procurement, Product Management, Information Technology.
- Minimize write-offs and resolve exception issues as they arise and address stakeholder concerns with the bid process.
- Engage in developing and implementing new policies/procedures related to bids as needs of the business evolve.
- Identify and assess new rebate program opportunities with Partners that are currently not participating in the Bid Desk process.
- Evaluate coworker performance and build a strong successful team.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years experience working in a purchasing environment or 4 years CDW Purchasing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven analytical skills, specifically in analyzing data and complex processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of full life cycle product flow, rebate collection process and processing front-end rebates.
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by the changing needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others.
- Working knowledge of AS400
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 year Supervisory experience
- 3 years of Bid Desk specific experience
- 2 years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Customer Service or Sales experience providing high level service.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience working directly with Vendors/Manufacturers.
- Experience supervising a team.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.