The Corporate Communications and Reputation team is responsible for conveying CDW’s thought leadership to its key external and internal audiences to achieve business goals and company brand reputation. The Global Social Impact Program Manager will be an integral member of our team that is focused on the Community pillar of our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy. This position will lead coworker volunteerism and engagement with our non-profit partners. Reporting to the Senior Manager, CSR, this new role reflects the evolution of a dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate has knowledge and understanding of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) landscape and has demonstrated passion making a sustainable and equitable impact in the world.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Foster a culture of giving and volunteerism among coworkers and key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a global coworker volunteerism and engagement strategy.
- Establish measureable goals and success metrics.
- Evaluate and update current volunteer policies, processes, and platforms.
- Develop strong working relationships with coworkers and key stakeholders to drive awareness and engagement with CSR programs across the US, UK and Canada.
- Partner with Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and regional Social Impact committees to execute volunteer and engagement initiatives.
- Partner with Corproate Communications to manage and execute the Global Social Impact communications strategy, content calendar, and storytelling.
- Build and grow relationships with community partners to identify and promote volunteer opportunities.
- Lead the development and execution of the montly Social Impact update email.
- Maintain all communications channels including Yammer, SharePoint, and external website.
- Support content development for the annual ESG report.
- Manage and promote the coworker matching gift program.
- Support CDW’s corporate grant processes.
- Lead trainings and support coworkers who are interested in non-profit board service.
- Evaluate industry trends and benchmarks for insights to inform strategy development.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders to implement team volunteer initiatves.
- Lead and execute CDW’s annual Fun Drive to support non-profits.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of professional experience in CSR, ESG, social impact, corporate philanthropy, program and/or project management, or volunteer and/or event management.
- Excellent interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills.
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated passion for creating sustainable and equitable change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the company.
- Experience with metrics, tracking, and reporting.
- Proficient with Microsoft products and CSR platforms (e.g., YourCause, Benevity, etc.)
- Critical attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-changing environment.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.