The Data Solutions and Insights Solutions Manager builds, leads and mentors a world-class technical presales and solutions development team focusing on Modern Data, Data Platform and Analytics solutions. The DVS team within CDW is responsible for selling and delivering Digital Transformation services to help customers meet business velocity objectives. Including but not limited to Cloud Native solutions, DevOps/SRE patterns and practices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and software development.
The Data Solutions and Insights practice is responsible for the strategy, go to market and presales which help our customers maximize the value of their data and discover actionable insights. We do this by providing customers with the technology advice and solutions they need, when they need them, wherever they are in their data journey. We bring the best-in-class technologies together with world class presales and consulting expertise to support our customers’ data journey.
The Data Solutions and Insights Solutions Manager is responsible for the development, growth, and operations of this practice. Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of the data management space including how data is stored, transformed, discovered, analyzed and operationalized. The Data Solutions and Insights Solutions Manager is responsible for overseeing a diverse set of Data Solutions and Insights presales experts, growing their careers at CDW and mentoring them so that they are able to continue to bring world class expertise to our customers to solve these complex business problems. This role is also responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with our strategic partners in this space.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Acquires deep technical depth in their role; Is the "Go To" person for the solution, both technically and strategically; is on the forefront of their solution(s) and the implications for CDW offerings.
- Partner with our Service Engineering team on preparing our consultants to deliver offerings that are on the services offering roadmap.
- Participates in process improvement activities:
- Ideation of new service engagements to meet market gaps
- Build process delivery documentation, training and/or code frameworks to improve speed and quality of delivery.
- Evangelizes new technologies, processes or patterns and practices internally and externally with customers in the form of webinars or speaking engagements.
- Promotes a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration with team members through mentorship or building knowledge bases.
- Deliver required sales revenue, gross profit and growth metrics in the respective technology and practice areas.
- Execute and contribute to the improvement of standard operating procedures in the management of the solutions business
- Mentor your team in the creation and maintenance of a sales and marketing plan for your solution area
- Develop solutions plans and develop professional services offering roadmap based on customer demands and market trends.
- Develop processes for effective sales engagement that leverages technical presales resources in the most effective manner, targeted towards appropriate opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with sales and licensing teams to leverage licensing to sell services and services to sell licensing.
- Support the account management and licensing teams in sales of the relevant products and solutions.
- Gather market data and intelligence to assist in developing the solutions roadmap. Provide an ongoing voice of the customer to our services catalog.
- Assist in the development of bundled solutions that leverage our managed services, data center, configuration center, services, software and hardware capabilities.
- Incubate new data solutions and technologies to build into our solutions set.
- Develop and maintain technical and sales readiness plans. Ensure best practices, methodologies and processes are incorporated in the service delivery of all solutions.
- Assist with identifying and managing partner relationships to provide services nationally
- Work with Marketing, Partner and Product Management, and DVS leadership to develop campaigns and programs. Roll programs and campaigns to sales and Specialists for execution. Monitor campaign execution.
- Develop and leverage relationships with the product teams in each of the associated technology and practice areas. Extend these relationships to the technical teams.
- Manage the third-party solution partner ecosystem. Evaluate partners to determine if they should be incorporated in to the solutions roadmap.
- Elevate the sales and technical expertise level of your team.
- As a member of the management team, contribute to the strategy and overall management of the DVS business.
- Plan appropriate training and professional development for each team member.
- Create and review performance plans with individual team members using measurable criteria and input from relevant sources including peers, clients and vendors
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, related field or equivalent
- Five-years sales and/or product management experience
- Experience managing business partnerships
- Experience managing a team of technical presales professionals
- Strong listening, negotiation, and closing skills
- Must be able to travel
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to lead and develop team members across multiple geographies
- Experience developing and managing business partnerships
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong listening, negotiation, and closing skills
- Strong information monitoring and analysis as well as comprehension of business metrics
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and drive for results
- Demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry and technology
- Demonstrated performance and talent management
- Strong customer focus orientation
- Ability to communicate and facilitate change
- Previous management experience to include managing medium to large teams
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.