Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
Sirius Advanced Applications Group has an immediate opportunity for a (full-time, W-2) Sr. Consultant with strong JAVA and Micro-services skills. This role will work on large, distributed applications for enterprise clients, and can be based from most major US cities. Up to 25% - 50% overnight travel may be required to client sites.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide advanced consulting solutions to clients as part of Sirius’ Advanced Applications Group. This position may perform activities such as application/systems development, deployment, configuration, programming, software testing, and documentation.
This role understands the SDLC, develops code efficiently, develops application design per defined architecture, and provides level III support on developed applications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of billable IT consulting activities in support of clients’ objectives, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Software Development
- Application Administration and Configuration
- Application Integration
- Software Quality Assurance
- DevOps engineering
- Develops code and technical reviews and presents constructive feedback to junior technical team
- Participates in requirements gathering activities, business process modeling and/or information modeling, design application solution working with senior technical leadership or performs at an individual level on projects
- Builds focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges on multiple medium-sized/medium to high complexity projects
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems on medium-sized/medium to high complexity projects
- Participates in presales as required by AAG technical leadership
- Documents completed technical architecture/design for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
- Contributes and develops best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates suitable for reuse by other consultants and analysts
- Achieve high level of Client Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations
- Develop strong client relationships and trust to secure future business
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) obligations prior to services delivery
- Tracks and manage engagements to the SOW and maintains project financials for multiple medium-sized/medium to high complexity projects
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Serves as a point of contact to the client for technical issues and status
- Mentors less senior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- As needed, steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Meets billable utilization goals
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering.
- At least five (5) years Information Technology work experience involving analytical systems design and implementation using Java/JEE technologies, to include:
- At least two (2) years of cloud infrastructure experience with AWS or AZURE
- Experience with development of CI/CD pipelines for analytical and micro-services, oriented environment
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated Java and J2EE skills, including experience with the majority of the following: Spring Cloud, Spring REST, Messaging, AOP, ORM Tools, App Servers, Databases, Spring Security
- Experience with JSON and YAML formats
- Experience with PaaS/IaaS technologies, such Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Experience with relational database or NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Cassandra
- Experience with application web servers such as Tomcat and JBOSS
- Experience with application security
- Demonstrated understanding of SaaS models involving multi-tenant and their impact on implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of application performance and tuning
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience creating and documenting technical architectures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Package Principles, Design Patterns and Metrics, Best Practices, Estimations
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple IT solutions and/or disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work with wide variety of client staff including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and at times resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environments
- Consulting experience
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty
- Experience with Application security implementations on cloud environments
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.