The Business Development Manager develops and executes upon strategic plans to uncover, influence and position CDWG for business opportunities within the Federal Civilian Agency market (Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS), Dept. of State (DOS), Dept. of Justice (DOJ), and other Civilian agencies of the Federal Government. This individual opens up new business – particularly large, service-led solution contracts - through various activities including building executive level relationships in targeted agencies, system integrators, and other teaming partners. This position is located in Washington DC Metro with remote options available.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity pursuit review
- Work with sales account teams and technical coworkers to lead customer interventions, develop outline value propositions and client presentations before the formal launch of customer acquisitions of interest.
- Engage with Capture Teams to support the formal pursuit process until award.
- Develops sustained, deep relationships with influencers within, and outside, the customer organization and uses those relationships and acquired insight to strengthen CDW’s position for targeted pursuits.
- Analyzes opportunities to provide leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins.
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, counsel, services team, solution architects, et al.
- Identifies and secures potential teaming partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.) with a clear understanding of their complementary value.
- Participates as a subject matter expert throughout the proposal process.
- Researches and prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential and contract utilization.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a 5-year pipeline. Participates in annual planning sessions.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
- Maintains a broad understanding and application of CDW capabilities and their importance to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 years of experience in developing a strategic account plan to position CDWG for business opportunities in the Federal Civilian market
- Active Secret Clearance or above
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrable BD success in the Federal market.
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Experienced of working in a Shipley-like pursuit environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of working within segment agency.
- Wide network of customer/end user/agency contracts and/or relationships