Sirius Federal, LLC is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers across the globe.
Sirius Federal, LLC is looking for a Technical Consultant, Zero Trust Pre-Sales, with a current Secret security clearance, to work remotely with travel to clients’ site. The Zero Trust Pre-Sales role focuses on security solution design for our US Federal Government clients as part of our engineering team. This role is responsible for working with internal engineering and sales teams to plan, organize and deliver security solutions, customer demos, and proof of value projects (PoV) of the security portfolio. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and will develop Go to Market (GTM) strategies as well as security focused solutions to support those strategies. Operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team Pre-sales engineers also aid in the Federal RFP/RFQ/RFI process as well as level of effort (LOE) scoping for services engagements.
The Security pre-sales engineer develops and maintains strategic relationships with Management of the teams they support. As a subject matter expert in the Cisco suite of security solutions; as well as other key vendor partners such as Tenable, Palo Alto Networks, etc., Our engineers assist on both pre- and post-sales issues and or concerns as they are viewed as trusted advisors that help grown business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services. Achieves certifications in advanced technologies for Sirius Federal’s Cisco partnership and will play a key role in activities related to Cisco Masters Certification.
- Operates with the perspective and insight that business needs, not just technology, establish the limits on what can be achieved.
- Designs technical solutions using standard approaches, considering the customer’s infrastructure limitations and opportunities; analyzes, interprets, and presents assessment results.
- Determines and defines services that complement and/or round out proposed hardware and software engagements, estimates required engineer effort.
- Uses team tools, templates, resources, and processes for maximum efficiency, productivity, consistency, and high-quality execution.
- Provides feedback to technology leaders where opportunities exist to improve offerings, design, and delivery execution.
- Conducts technology/solutions training for Sirius Federal audiences (e.g., Sales, Inside Solution Architects), using developed material.
- Contributes to the team’s knowledge base and readily shares knowledge with other FSAs, Inside Solution Architects, and Sales.
- Assists new team members by answering questions and sharing expertise on the tools of the job.
- Assists new hires by answering questions and sharing information.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Research and reviews customer profile information; applies knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
- Assists customer in understanding their equipment maintenance contracts, upgrade needs, and renewals; analyses the most cost-effective approach for the customer (e.g., renew the contract or purchase new equipment and contract.)
- Articulates to customers the Practice’s value proposition; articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate additional revenue opportunities for Sirius Federal.
- Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at Sirius Federal, Customer, and Partner events and meetings in your territory.
- Uses technology assessments and demos as a sales tool for furthering sales opportunities; identifies cross sell-and/or up-sell opportunities for an engagement, equips/assists FSAs and Sales to pursue it.
- Collaborates with Partners, Inside Solution Architects (ISA) and Account Executives (AE) to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results.
- Operates in a regular cadence with the Cisco security team to educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (ISA, AE, Sales Managers, Field Sales).
- Produces marketing-type documents and materials (e.g., presentation).
- Participates in capture, RFP/RFQ/RFI responses
- Contributes technical writing/SOW development for services proposals
- Develops level of effort (LOE) in support of scoping services engagements for clients
- Prioritizes time spent on opportunities based on potential return on investment.
- Assists territory SAs with the production of Bills of Materials and in the response to RFPs.
- A current SECRET clearance is required
- Federal Experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in solid presales experience focused in Security
- Technical Pre-Sales or Technical Architecting experience
Other Position Requirements:
- Ability to travel 25% required to meet with customers, partners, and clients
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers, and coworkers
- Obtain and maintain relevant industry standard certifications, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or relevant certification
- 4 plus years of proven experience in technology sales
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco Security products and understanding of infrastructure
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Serving federal agencies since 1991, Sirius Federal has a wealth of knowledge and resources to offer best practice solutions that achieve optimal outcomes and meet compliance guidelines. Together with our parent company Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc., we offer a comprehensive range of solutions backed by an expert team of engineers and the highest levels of partnership with leading manufacturers. From design to deployment, support, and maintenance, our technology solutions and services are designed with a constant focus on supporting our customers’ missions. We prioritize your success – and we do not succeed unless you do.
Sirius Federal is a Cisco Gold Partner, Dell Technologies Platinum Level, F5 Platinum Partner, IBM Platinum Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner, Nutanix Master Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner, Splunk Elite Partner, Tenable Platinum Partner, VMware Premier Partner, and Pure Storage Elite Partner.
Sirius Federal is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.