A Senior Consultant (IAM Strategist) on the IAM Strategic Advisory team will be expected to execute on Enterprise IAM and Customer IAM ("CIAM") assessments and similar engagements from the business perspective in a billable capacity in line with project scope. Each engagement will primarily focus on business analysis and providing our clients with strategic, tactical, and thought leader-type recommendations.
Senior Consultants (IAM Strategist) also carry the first line of client delivery interactions and are responsible for defining, developing, and presenting custom solutions (e.g., roadmaps, program development, best practices, etc.) to help our clients achieve their future state goals. This is not a sales or implementation position; however, the Senior Strategist will be expected to have consistent client interactions, excellent communication and organization skills, and the ability to write detailed documentation. At a high-level, CDW is looking for candidates who embody the following traits:
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management ("IAM");
- Experience in business analysis;
- The ability to navigate through complex challenges;
- A desire for learning; and
- Proficient writing and soft skills.
Expectations for the Senior Consultant (IAM Strategist):
- Perform confidently and authoritatively in the role of Senior Consultant (IAM Strategist) on the IAM Strategic Advisory team, as an IAM advisor, providing IAM thought leadership, strategic and tactical contributions on all IAM-related assessments, and/or deployment engagements involving an IAM technology solution.
- Lead day-to-day billable operations within a client project – ability to fulfill project needs and build client relationships, while acting independently or as part of a larger team.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding on relevant components of the security and IAM spaces.
- Act as the “security mentor” to our clients through IAM-related guiding principles, industry standards and leading practices, and recommendations.
- Create customized, comprehensive documentation detailing observations, recommendations, strategic roadmaps and workflows, diagrams, presentations, use cases and more as required by the specific engagement.
- Contribute to internal team building, knowledge transfer, educational exercises, and training activities within this IAM Strategic Advisory team.
- Effectively lead the discovery and analysis phase of any project you are assigned to from a strategic business perspective.
- Perform work successfully with moderate oversight.
- Remain current on IAM market-related and emerging trends, tools, and methodologies.
- Travel as needed to customer locations to lead and participate in IAM assessments and similar engagements – Please note that during this COVID period, any business-related travel is being handled on a case-by-case basis with management approval.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices of the IAM Strategic Advisory team.
- Resolve internal problems maturely and independently and understand escalation procedures within the IAM Strategic Advisory team.
- Demonstrate strong, proactive communication with all levels of the IAM Strategic Advisory team.
- Occasionally perform training/teaching activities for the team on different topics, as needed.
- Participate in advanced projects; including projects that require on-the-fly research and assessment process development and/or lie outside of core group of offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related field of study (e.g., Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, etc.); or four (4) or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of security-related consulting and/or business analyst experience with a firm understanding of information security in general.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge of key information security compliance-related government regulations, including, but not limited to: SOX, PCI-DSS, GLBA, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Knowledgeable in various project management methodologies (waterfall, Agile, iterative, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, adaptable to all levels of an organization.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one, small, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Read your audience and communicate effectively for each person to understand the message being delivered (e.g., reducing advanced concepts into digestible principles).
- Communicate details in a clear, understandable manner to multiple levels of an organization and follow templates and other requirements, as applicable.
- Customer-oriented focus with a strong interest in client satisfaction.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude with the ability to think clearly under pressure and navigate complex challenges.
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and grow in the IAM and security spectrum.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand:
- New technology and concepts quickly, as needed, to support new/ongoing projects.
- How system and tool concepts work in the absence of instructions or training.
- Demonstrated time management, independent work, and organizational skills.
- Five (5) or more years of IAM-related consulting and/or business analyst experience.
- Two (2) or more years of consulting/analyst experience associated with various IAM vendors and solutions (e.g., Identity Governance and Administration - IGA, Access Management, Privileged Access Management, and Data Access Governance).
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.