The Senior IT Analyst role leads business and functional requirements gathering activities, business solution design, systems analysis and will collaborate with the data and analytics engineering. This role also designs, documents, measures and optimizes key business processes. In addition the Senior IT Analyst role will lead activities that focus on business and functional requirements gathering and in-depth data analysis. This role will administer all aspects of CDW’s Data Governance (DG) process as well as serve as lead analyst for issues related to data standards and data policies. This Senior IT Analyst is guided by the CDW IT project management methodology in development of requirement specifications for IT projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify, prioritize and validate project requirements and business objectives.
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering utilizing focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user interface prototypes.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Serve as the thought leader in advanced modeling techniques to help define business processes, system usage, behavior and information capture.
- Serve as a conduit / broker for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing.
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Build credibility and trust across stakeholder groups.
- Adapting elicitation approach to apply appropriate technique based on situation or stakeholder.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Act as an active contributor to SDLC process improvement by remaining current in software engineering best practices.
- Assist with alignment of project objectives and IT solutions to CDW business strategies and objectives.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Serve as an active contributor to company-shared knowledge repositories (wikis, blogs, sharepoint, intranet, etc.).
- Mentor and educate IT and business colleagues about business analysis discipline and requirements phase within development lifecycle.
- Maintain an understanding of innovative IT product capabilities, marketplace and business opportunities.
- Negotiate and facilitate to drive consensus on solution scope and objectives.
- Maintain macro-view of key processes, application platforms, business requirements and business functions across the organization.
- Assess existing business processes, people and technology to identify common patterns across functions.
- Provide creative thinking and new ideas to resolve existing problems.
- Provide a structaure for evaluating solution options.
- Assess capabilities of the enterprise to understand where changes are needed to meet strategic goals.
- Proactively gather, document data requirements and analysis including data integrity and data consistency related to DG standard
- Work closely with data engineering team to inform data transformations, reporting and analysis
- Create and maintain Enterprise Data Governance tools (e.g. Data Glossary, Standards & Policies)
- Work closely with the Data Architecture team to enhance existing tools and data architecture to ensure a best in class control framework
- Mentor and educate IT and business colleagues about enterprise data governance standards and processes
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or a related field – or demonstrated, equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Strong working knowledge of requirements gathering software support, data mining tools, Microsoft Office applications, as well as CA Clarity and BI tools – ProClarity, Cognos Agile collaboration tools (e.g. Product Plan, Team, Jira, Confluence).
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proven ability to elicit project and system requirements.
- Proficient negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions.
- Proven track record of successfully supporting the needs of project team members and internal stakeholders (locally and virtually).
- Working knowledge of data processing fundamentals including entity relationship diagrams, database models, structured application design and IT infrastructure (networking and hardware).
- Demonstrate influence without authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business, organization and solutions that are the back bone of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, strategies and organizational direction.
- Ability to apply new ideas to resolve existing problems.
- Experience producing and/or maintaining business and/or data requirements required
- Experience with SQL and demonstrated understanding of relational databases required
- 8 years experience operating in a business analyst capacity, identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
- Masters degree in Business or Advanced Information Technologies
- Familiarity with cost/benefit and ROI data analysis.
- Industry Certifications (CBAP, Six Sigma).
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation.
- History in teaching or mentoring professionals.
- Prior experience serving as part of a Data Governance organization or supporting one.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.