The Senior Software Engineer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Software Engineer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other CDW teams to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, and storyboards.
- Develop and update Disaster Recovery plans and participate in DR testing activities.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Admin team and Application Developers.
- Other Responsibilities
- Strong development experience in developing integration applications and message flows using IBM App Connect Enterprise (ACE) and IBM WebSphere MQ (WMQ).
- In depth knowledge of ESQL language, ESQL Functions, Message flows and Message sets.
- Experience working with various type of nodes in ACE like MQ Nodes, HTTP Nodes, SOAP Nodes, File Nodes, Compute Node, Java Compute Node, Filter Node, Routing Nodes etc.
- Experience in developing REST API’s, HTTP and SOAP Web services in ACE.
- Experienced working with various databases like SQL Server, AS400 and Mongo DB.
- Perform deployment activities like bar override, bar deployment, configurable services, MQ and Work Load Management policy creation
- Good knowledge on WebSphere MQ Queues, Topics and Subscriptions.
- Experienced in handling various message formats like JSON, XML CSV etc.
- Support PROD issues and root cause analysis
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years in application administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Sterling Integrator mapping with extended rules and SI Business Process design and development
- X12, Rosettanet, Flat File, cXML mapping, canonical maps and AS2 configuration.
- Experience with cloud technologies like Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Expertise with SQL Queries, JDBC, ODBC etc.
- Proficient with B2B design patterns, architectures and integration technologies that go beyond point-to-point integrations and allow for more reuse and flexibility.
- Experience of Agile methodology or scrum/SAFe is preferred.
- Hands on development experience with integration tools like IBM Sterling B2Bi / IBM SFG is a plus/ITX/Mulesoft/Biztalk.
- Experience using latest integration methodologies using JSON/OAUTH2/API and other.
- Testing with trading partners internally and externally, making mapping adjustments, building or adjusting business processes based on design changes resulting from test outcomes.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.