Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide consulting solutions to clients as part of Sirius’ Advanced Applications Group. This position will assist in client deliverables such as application/systems installation, deployment, configuration, programming, software testing, and documentation. This role engages with clients and conducts business analysis. The Sr. Analyst understands BPMN modeling, and learns business processes in a specific sector, such as Financial Services.
This role works in a quality, professional manner to complete project responsibilities on time and on budget, resulting in high customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of billable IT consulting activities in support of clients’ objectives, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Software Development
- Application Configuration
- Application Integration
- Data Engineering
- Database Administration
- Software Quality Assurance
- DevOps engineering
- Escalates technical questions and issues to more senior personnel as needed; asks for needed guidance to perform job responsibilities
- Achieves high levels of Client Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations set by technical leads and project managers
- Documents completed technical work for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) obligations prior to services delivery
- Provides guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Administrative Overhead – Responds to email, phone calls, completes time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least two (2) years of Information Technology work experience dealing with technologies supported by the Advanced Applications Group, to include:
- Experience with Java, J2EE, and MVC Frameworks
Other Position Requirements
- Experience with Spring, AOP, ORM Frameworks, JAAS, and Spring Security
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Tomcat application server
- Experience with LDAP, HTTP, SOAP, RESTful Web Services
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot IT application systems and configurations in the designated practice using procedures, scripts, and templates
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical and consulting skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide day-to-day guidance to less experienced technical team members
- SpringMVC and Hibernate ORM framework experience
- jQuery experience
- Angular JS experience
- Relevant certifications in area of technical specialty
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.