Description - Internal
The Project Manager is a skilled and experienced practitioner who coordinates and manages a wide array of identity and access management (IAM) projects for customer-facing engagements, including implementations, enhancement efforts and assessments. Project technologies will vary, with examples being SailPoint, ForgeRock, CyberArk and Ping.
The Project Manager partners with business and technology stakeholders in establishing high performance project teams and providing overall project management on projects from initiation through production deployment and closeout. This entails overseeing multiple project teams, which may consist of resources from our firm, the client, and other suppliers. The Project Manager is a highly visible leadership role, collaborating with strategic business leaders as well as tactical implementation teams. The Project Manager must possess experience in schedule management, financial management, communications management, risk management and scope management.
Experience working in a Project Management Office (PMO) and working with PMO processes is required. Experience leading Waterfall-SDLC or Agile-Scrum software development projects is highly desired. The EM may handle multiple small to medium-sized projects at the same time, under the general direction of the PMO Manager.
- Manage one or more IAM projects that may span several clients in different cities.
- Develop kickoff presentations and conduct project kickoffs with the internal project team and the client.
- Establish an effective remote project management process, using WebEx and other collaborative tools, but establish an onsite presence if needed.
- Establish and manage full software development life cycle (SDLC) project plans for moderate to complex projects.
- Ensure that key meetings that are led by our firm are scheduled with an agenda and meeting notes taken and socialized with action items as needed.
- Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating project teams, project schedules, SDLC deliverables and budgets.
- Create and maintain the budget forecast spreadsheet with the goal of accurately forecasting the invoice revenue and expenses for the duration of the project.
- Create and execute a formal communications plan and coordinate/facilitate internal and client-based meetings to communicate project status, including issue resolution, budget forecast, and risk mitigation plans.
- Effectively apply Focal Point’s Spectrum methodology and adopt project delivery standards established by the PMO.
- Contribute intellectual capital to the PMO and take ownership of PMO processes or artifacts as needed.
- Develop and nurture high performance teams.
- Manage team conflict and issues while motivating and driving teams towards success.
- Manage the change management process, by sensing when a change has occurred and working with internal teams and the client to understand and communicate impacts, with a plan to manage the change through a CR or other means.
- Work with internal and client resources to drive requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, and testing to ensure a quality delivery.
- Work with sponsors and technical leaders to ensure a common understanding and agreement on project objectives and scope.
- Engage in the sales process by contributing to the development of SOWs through SOW reviews, collaboration on project schedules, and project pricing validation.
- Conduct a project closeout to confirm the acceptance of all deliverables and to review lessons learned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Minimum 5 years of project or program management experience.
- Experience managing multiple software development and systems integration projects in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience with implementing Identity and Access Management solutions is a plus.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent Agile Certification is a plus.
- CISSP Certification is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Effective leadership presence and project management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and work in a dynamic, customer-facing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interviewing skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a variety of Project Manager methodologies and techniques, including Waterfall SDLC and Agile Scrum.
- Strong knowledge and expertise with Microsoft Project 2016 or later.
- Solid understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Solid knowledge of financial management and budgeting techniques.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.