The Contract Negotiator role at CDW is a key cog in the sales process focused on the persuasive positioning of CDW terms and programs while building and maintaining customer relationships. Tasked with both the pursuit and acquisition of new and the expansion of existing customer business through responsive and thoughtful negotiation of a wide array of agreements and procurement solicitations, the Contract Negotiator is the hub of sales contracting activity at CDW.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze, draft, and negotiate agreements and solicitations with minimal direction, according to organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Develop strategies in collaboration with executive and senior leadership to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Advocate for CDW’s “win-win” approach via influential written and verbal communication of CDW’s positions.
- Develop relationships across CDW’s business units and partner community.
- Utilize a contract management tracking database to ensure transparency of negotiation progress, memorialize agreement risk, and maintain an organized portfolio.
- Provide training and guidance to account teams, peers, and other internal stakeholders regarding contract terms, contract review procedures, and negotiation strategies.
- Participate in process improvement project teams.
- Serve as a mentor to Contract Negotiation Analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years’ experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements and procurement solicitations.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctorate (JD) degree.
- 4 years’ experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements and procurement solicitations.
- Demonstrable IT industry, contract negotiation, and business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal opportunities and risks.
- Excellent written communication skills with a comprehensive command of drafting and delivering contract terms and concepts.
- Proven ability to persuasively articulate positions throughout the negotiation process.
- Illustrated ability to effectively interact, influence and gain acceptance of coworkers within different levels of the organization and within different departments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe editing tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.