Our Higher Education Consultant will work with new and existing EDU clients to set up, configure, audit and evaluate their Google for Education (GFE) Infrastructure. Reporting directly to the Associate Manager of Consultancy, this customer-facing role will interact with clients remotely and in person via calls, presentations, training opportunities and in person interactions as assigned or appropriate to the role.
This position requires someone who has an excellent technical background and understanding of Google For Education Workspace environment, an understanding of the technical aspects and challenges of an educational environment as well as customer facing skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
This position is key to building relationships and trust with AIT customers and ensuring they have the tools they need to provide a safe and effective Google Workspace for Education environment for their users. We expect this person to work in a team while also being able to take initiative in their area and be keen to automate/streamline where possible.
This position will be a remote position working with team members and customers across numerous time zones, good time management skills and self motivation will be key to success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Present the value of CDW Amplified for Education Higher Education Audit, trainings and other services
- Discover, analyze and identify customer requirements
- Assist higher education account manager in customer engagement strategy
- Assist in scoping technical engagements
- Deliver consultative Audit kickoff calls and consultations
- Work with a team of technicians to provide support and troubleshooting
- Counsel customer and internal teams on Google Workspace for Education configuration and deployment specifics unique to higher education
- Offer training and insight to Higher Education IT Admins on a wide variety of technologies, including the Google Workspace for Education Admin Console, Google Cloud Directory Sync, Google Plus, Standard and Teaching/Learning upgrade, and more
- Other Responsibilities
- Act as a contributing member on the Updates & Analysis Team
- Stay current on Google Workspace for Education changes and modifications
- Work to support customers as needed if escalated from the support team
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience in addition to the required experience requirement (Background as a Technology Director, Technology Coordinator, or similar role also considered)
- Min 5+ Years Managing Google Workspace for Education in an Education institution
- Familiarity with Google Workspace for Education admin console in a higher education setting
- 3+ years professional systems administration experience
- An ability to balance and plan the short-term and long-term actions of a project
- Exceptional customer service orientation, skills and relatability
- Strong documentation skills
- Convey technical information and recommendations clearly and concisely
- Single Sign On/Multi Factor Integration, User Provisioning, Email Management (Gmail, Exchange, Groupwise, Sendmail) experience in a complex environment
- Security and HIPAA experience and understanding
- Create engaging presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using scripting tools such as GAM/GAM ADVX and other command line tools
- Experience with CDW Amplified for Education tools and service such as Gopher for Chrome, Gopher for Users, Audit, Technical Training and Collaborative are a plus
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.