Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide advanced consulting for Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Security, software development, AND Splunk administration solutions and support to our clients. This position will participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation. This position will also handle customer engagements requiring knowledge of multiple technologies and provide technical sales support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of billable Splunk consulting activities in support of clients’ objectives, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Splunk Professional Services for Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Install, configure, and update Splunk core and Splunk Enterprise Security environments in a multi-site environment, following best practices from Splunk PS.
- Configure advanced Splunk options like multi-site Indexer and Search Head clustering.
- Design a Splunk Architecture from the ground up including gathering customer requirements, scoping for capacity and licensing, understanding stakeholder needs, determining required systems configurations, and drawing architecture diagrams.
- Build custom applications and technical add-ons for efficiently on-boarding data, and meeting Splunk CIM compliance for Enterprise Security accelerated data models.
- Resolve issues discovered during System/Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing
- Document detailed design and code
- Maintains Splunk Certifications
- Participates in requirements gathering activities, examining the entire business application and/or systems design from the aspects of the workflow and the end user
- Builds focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems
- Directly interacts with clients, sales team, managers and other technical team members to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for solutions including hardware, software and services, and scope statement and level of effort
- Documents completed technical work for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
- Contributes and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates suitable for reuse by other Consultants and Analysts
- Achieves high level of Client Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations
- Develops strong client relationships and trust to secure future business
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) obligations prior to services delivery
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Serves as a point of contact to the client for technical issues and status
- Mentors personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- As needed, steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete timecards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- At least five (5) years Information Technology work experience, including 2 years of Splunk and Splunk ES consulting experience.
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple IT solutions and/or disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work with wide variety of client staff including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and at times resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Consulting experience
- Architecture and design experience
- Splunk Core Certified Consultant or SCC2 Certification
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.