The Platforms and Integrations Program Manager provides business enablement to support sellers, customers and optimizations. Offers Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform guidance, email marketing guidance and process efficiencies – strategy & operational.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Uses subject matter expertise of Email platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud SFMC) and proactively researches new features, integrations, processes, data feeds, releases, etc. to identify opportunities to recommend and influence direct manager.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge in Email operations, such as: deliverability, IP, DMARC/SAP, API/sFTP, Adobe tagging, SQL, etc. to plan, implement, QA and update platform to meet needs of vendor or the business.
- Gather requirements, consult, build QA and publish Confirmation (Transactional) Email requests including: new and existing activity modifications. Serves as backup to break/fix requests to resolution.
- Independently performs email platform monitoring tasks and resolves issues. Collaborate and proactively communicate with team on new features or platforms, education, documentation (SOP), and ongoing support.
- Recommend and influence with business justification, to direct manager process improvement and efficiency ideas to positively impact the team.
- Independently perform regular review of Email platform monitoring tasks (deliverability, SLA Send Times, bounces, etc.) and resolve issues by proposing an effective solution to influence direct manager.
- Understand API Processes and connections.
- AMPscript basic programming concept experience.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of Sales and/or Marketing experience.
- Proven program management experience, driving initiatives from conception through completion.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a track record of successfully influencing stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- History of providing outstanding customer service to stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve.
- Understanding/appreciation for maintaining confidentiality.
- Record of successful organizational skills.
- Experience in developing or utilizing strategic sales campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- 2 years of experience in eCommerce environments and digital marketing tools.
- 7 years Sales or Marketing experience or Project Management experience in Technology industry.
- Experience in working with sales organizations.
- Experience managing customer events and trade shows.
- Technology market knowledge and working experience.
- Proficient with reporting and analytics applications (Cognos and ProClarity).
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) and Adobe Analytics or similar platforms.
- 5 years technical experience in Email or similar Marketing channel.
- Proven ability to drive technical projects through to completion while showing initiative and good decision-making.
- Experience managing and influencing conversations with technical and business functions.
- Be curious with a desire to continuously learn and expand knowledge of platforms and capabilities.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.