CDW's vision is to be the best national provider of Professional Service Solutions. We'll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Professional Services. Technical Leads at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects. We're looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Technical Leads are team and project thought leaders at CDW. Technical Leads apply their consulting experiences to drive successful customer projects and build their success through
mentoring other Engineers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR DELIGHTING CUSTOMERS - The CDW Professional Services Engagement Methodology is a project framework for delighting customers. Technical Leads can act as lead engineers on projects or in an advisory role -
- Product Definition - provide feedback to the Practice and Technical Architects on the implementation of Advanced Technology solutions
- Sales - discuss Advanced Technology solutions with customers, particularly as it pertains to CDW' - ATS's Engagement Methodology
- Planning - participate in kickoff meetings, collaborate with Project Manager and/or Technical Architect and Project Team to ensure successful execution of project plans, as required by customers
- Design - design technology solution to accomplish client objectives, present to client for approval, develop and implement design and lead design workshops
- Implementation - provide technical leadership on project, perform billable tasks on projects, work with Project Manager to direct other Engineers on project, ensure methodology is followed and applied and ensure scope issues are being identified, addressed, and resolved
- Closure - participate in post - project debrief sessions
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUILDING EMPLOYER OF CHOICE REPUTATION - Technical Leads are charged with accelerating the professional development of Engineers. They are assigned a team of Engineers to oversee and mentor. Here are the practices that Technical Leads apply to develop the best and brightest consultants –
- Coaching and Development - collaborate with Practice, Professional Services Managers and Technical Architects to build staff and training plans for effective implementation of new Advanced Technology Solutions, ensure team members are properly trained on executing standard operating procedures for solutions, provide technical and professional mentoring for individual team members, provide Engineer performance feedback to Professional Services Managers, coaches Engineers through feedback and teaching
- Knowledge Sharing and Training - conduct or facilitate technical training for team members both formal and informal, ensure they are trained on the use of templates and the technical application of the methodology
- ACCOUNTABILITY - Technical Leads are ultimately accountable for –
- Collaborating and communicating with the Project Manager to ensure proper coordination
- Serving as the client's technical point of contact
- Working in collaboration with PSM, Project Manager and Project Coordinator
- Billing work on projects, individually and through their Engineer team
- Overseeing project activities of their Engineer team
- Mentoring and accelerating the professional development of their Engineer team
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Seven to ten years of large - scale, enterprise - class planning, design, implementation and support experience
- At least five years of consulting experience
- At least 6 months of CDW Engineering experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project oversight responsibilities, management and technical leadership and Engineer mentoring experience preferred
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.