Engineers at CDW are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings. Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. Engineers at CDW are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Provide design, implementation, and technical support services and consulting to Managed Services clients to meet their business needs.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers
Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
- As an Senior Engineer provide expert level technical services with little supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with little supervision.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of CDW through performing behaviors consistent with the CDW Way.
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Provide support to Service Account Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
- Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation.
- Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Tests, evaluates, and develops new products, offerings, and solutions.
- Conducts training of customers and company employees in both formal and informal environments.
- Works directly with Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
- Minimum 5-7 years engineering experience.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
Other Required Qualifications
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the CDW Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers’ business needs.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
- Windows Specific:
- Expert in Microsoft Configuration Endpoint Manager – including System Center
- Expert in Windows Server Update Services
- Significant Experience in Microsoft Configuration Endpoint Manager - Operations Manager and Data Protection Manager
- Significant experience in the administration of the Windows operating system.
- Significant experience in Windows server deployments.
- Significant experience in Windows automation tools.
- Significant experience in configuring Windows clustering.
- Significant experience in connecting Windows servers to supported SAN technologies.
- Significant experience with virtualization technologies.
- Significant experience with Powershell automation
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and SQL Reporting Services
- Significant Expert in operating system tuning.
- Significant experience in root cause analysis of operating systems issues
- Working knowledge of backup clients.
- Working knowledge of server hardware
- Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
- ITIL Foundations Certification
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.