The Manager of Associate Consulting Engineers (ACE) is responsible for developing highly skilled consulting engineers through the ACE training program. The ACE Program builds each entry-level Associate Consulting Engineer into a selected technology practice area. These specialties could be Information Security, Enterprise Networking, Cloud and others. You will guide a team of ACEs in building their technical skills, consulting skills, and knowledge of CDW methodology through a curriculum of self-study, instructor led training, hands-on lab work, and project based on-the-job training. You will be responsible for the performance and graduation of the ACEs, as well as maintaining and enhancing the program to ensure it is relevant and meets overall CDW goals. You will ensure that the ACEs are placed on the projects that will enhance their skill development and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Acquisition: Interview and hire exceptional candidates into the ACE Program
- Workforce planning, requisition management, recruitment strategy and execution
- Performance Management: Manage development of ACEs to ensure each ACE completes all technical and consulting skills training while meeting performance requirements
- Collaborate with our Field Professional Services leaders to ensure ACEs receive relevant experiences and development opportunities
- Gather and act upon feedback on the effectiveness of the ACEs as well as the overall ACE Program
- Operations & Reporting: Lead and manage your team to all finance, operations, customer and coworker targets
- ACE Program Development: Develop and maintain ACE Program curriculum
- Analyze the training needs of the ACE Program
- Analyze program and recommend enhancements to elevate effectiveness of the program
- Talent Acquisition: Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team to develop and execute recruiting strategy for ACE candidates, including sourcing and interviewing
- Interview, hire, and onboard ACEs
- Maintain Development Plans: Ensure ACE development plans are complete for each phase of the program and ensure appropriate progress is obtained
- Provide feedback to ACEs on their performance and progress
- Work with local teams to ensure ACEs attain skills and experience to move through each program phase, including promotion out of the program
- Performance Management: Ensure goals are set for each ACE
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience managing or mentoring relevant technical resources
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate, and build relationships, take initiate, and creatively problem solve
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints
- Ability to lead teams; gain consensus
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve client, project and people issues
- Knowledge of Cisco, Microsoft, and Systems & Storage products and services
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25-35% as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous relevant technical consulting experience strongly preferred
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.