The security industry is rapidly developing, and innovation is constant. At CDW Focal Point, we pride ourselves on staying ahead of the curve in delivering in-demand and creative solutions to our clients.
Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is seeking a leader to serve as a Manager in our Cloud Security practice within Cyber Defense.
The Manager, Cloud Security plays a critical role in making sure that Focal Point is meeting client needs in delivering incredible value. The Manager is accountable for organizing project teams, building quality deliverables, and providing domain expertise. This Manager is collaborative with many cross-functional teams and internal organizations.
This is an incredibly unique opportunity to support the growth of a cloud security practice in a small business group with the support of the larger CDW’s resources. The Manager will have insight into the behind-the-scenes workings of the practice, and the ability to help drive the direction of the cloud security practice. Applicants should be highly motivated and ready to take the next step in their career growth.
What you will get to do:
- Own client delivery for a variety of cloud security projects including assessments, remediation, and managed services
- Provide valuable expertise to help clients resolve challenging cloud security problems
- Organize and manage small teams in project settings
- Grow your cloud security skillset through a combination of hands-on experience and plentiful training resources
- Help guide partnerships with cutting-edge cloud security vendors
- Contribute to cloud security thought leadership that presents our firm as a leader within the broader industry
- Engage with other CDW Focal Point and customer teams to get and share information to improve processes and collective practice delivery
- Support the skill development of other junior members of the team
- Work with other leadership to establish future offerings for the cloud security practice
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience in cybersecurity, ideally in consulting
- Significant experience across cloud security, especially in understanding modern challenges and corresponding solutions
- Comfortability with cloud security domains, such as identity management, logging and monitoring, configuration management, network design, and governance frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to work in small teams and take leadership opportunities when presented
- Experience in cloud security tooling, processes, and organizational alignment
- Understand cloud security best practice principles including major frameworks like the CSA CCM and CIS Benchmarks, and be able to apply those principles across IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments
- Track record of engagement with the security community, such as producing content and presenting novel ideas
- Proven self-starter who can manage responsibilities with limited oversight
- Certifications in securing major cloud provider environments are beneficial (e.g. AWS Security Specialty, AZ-500, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Travel and Location: