The Sales Manager is responsible for leading an inside team of Account Managers within a specific sales segment, meeting and exceeding sales and profit goals through the ownership of that team. This role is ultimately accountable for individual and team productivity, and serves as a leader within the Sales organization. A core expectation of this role is to drive interdepartmental collaboration. This role will develop business relationships with customers and enhance customer loyalty by proving a superior customer experience. The Sales Manager will coach and develop a team of Account Managers, typically between 20-32 direct reports, and will manage a book of business worth a minimum of $35 million. This position will proactively manage territory plans to identify opportunities for growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop sales strategies in tandem with Sales Directors based on sales and market trends
- Develop and assign sales plans and territories for account manager team.
- Coach and advise team on strategies to improve sales performance, achieve goals and meet expectations.
- Manage resources for customers including technology specialists and vendor partners
- Identify and participate in customer facing meetings and activities
- Hire, train, coach and retain diverse sales team
- Create and implement operating plans to achieve sales initiatives and segment goals
- Manage strategic relationships with customers, peers and vendor partners
- Collaborate with field sales team to build synergy within both inside and outside sales efforts
- Travel to customer sites and customer facing activities required.
- Engage resources on target accounts
- Develop and manage monthly/quarterly sales projections, and order pipeline
- Identify and assign resources, including annual Account Manager hiring forecasts, field Account Executives,
- Develop account strategies in tandem with Account Managers that promote profitable growth within segment
- Operationalize and implement annual strategies and initiatives within assigned territory
- Collaborate with Account Executives to build account development plans and strategies
- Identifies new business opportunities and develops strategies to optimize new potential business
- Assist sales team in building development and penetration strategies for their accounts
- Monitor and measure performance of sales team
- Attend to required order management tasks and escalated post sales activities
- Manage and coach sales team towards goal attainment and customer satisfaction
- Create team oriented sales environment that rewards success and supports continuous improvement
- Participate and potentially lead projects and/or task forces
- Effectively communicate up, down and through the organization as required.
- Coach sales team to manage their individual business portfolios effectively and profitably
- Ensures CDW policies and procedures and code of conduct are adhered and creates an environment that models the CDW Way
- Hire/train/coach/retain sales team
- Coordinate ongoing product and sales skill training for team
- Actively pursue continuous personal growth and improvement
- Successfully on-board new Account Managers
- Manage team to ensure a superior experience for each customer
- Actively engage and participate in customer facing activities/meetings
- Proactively build solid business relationships with strategic customers and partners
Applicants in Sales Role:
Senior Account Manager, Executive Account Manager, Sales Team Leader or Account Executive (Field)
Successful selling track record
Applicant in Non-Sales Role:
Other Required Qualifications
Proven leadership skills
Ability to hire, motivate, coach and retain a diverse sales team
Strong consultative, solution based selling experience
Effective negotiation and closing skills
Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
Must have strong interpersonal skills
Strong written, verbal, presentation communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management, executives, other CDW departments, customers and vendor partners
Adaptable, ability to lead through change
Ability to utilize strategic thinking to fulfill long-term company goals
Excellent time management skills in order to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
Exceptional attention to detail and follow up skills
Ability to share in-depth knowledge of CDW capabilities with customers
Strong internal and external customer acumen, working with each customer at the highest levels of ethics and integrity
Must be able to travel to customer meetings, events and/or other CDW locations
Other Preferred Qualifications
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.