Our K12 Consultant will work with new and existing EDU clients to setup, configure, audit and evaluate their Google for Education (GFE) Infrastructure. Reporting directly to the Associate Manager of Consultancy, this customer-facing role will interact with clients remotely and in person via calls, presentations, training opportunities and in person interactions as assigned or appropriate to the role.
This position requires someone who has a technical background and understanding of Google For Education Workspace environment, an understanding of the technical aspects of an educational environment as well as customer facing skills and entrepreneurial spirit. This position is key to building relationships and trust with AIT customers and ensuring they have the tools they need to provide a safe and effective Google Workspace environment for their users. We expect this person to work in a team while also being able to take a leadership role in their area and be keen to automate/streamline where possible. This position will be a remote position working with team members and customers across numerous time zones, good time management skills and self motivation will be key to success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work directly with customers on the delivery of AIT Services such as the Google Workspace Admin Console Audit, Workspace Kickstart, and Chrome Checkup
- Support and assistance with ongoing evaluation of Google Workspace Environment, changes, updates and growth
- Managing clients through AIT core service processes from start to finish with a focus on building a long term trusted relationship with those customers
- Coach/mentor clients in best practices for product implementations, adoption, and ongoing support.
- Analyze and ensure quality of services delivered
- Deliver customers support as needed
- Help create new consultancy opportunities and services for EDU customers
- Work with other departments to deliver various forms of content such as Livestreams, Blogs, Meetups Support and other customer facing events
- Overview AIT services and opportunities to customers and convey value propositions
- Identify, record and hand off lead opportunities to the customer success team
- Perform backup leadership duties where assigned
- Identify customer training opportunities, communication, hosting and logistics
- Other Responsibilities
- Become a contributing member on the Updates & Analysis Team
- Stay current on Google Workspace for Education changes and modifications
- Work to support customers as needed if escalated from the support team
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience in addition to the required experience requirement (Background as a Technology Director, Technology Coordinator, or similar role also considered)
- Min 5+ Years Managing a Google for Education in an Education or Corporate environment
- Experience supporting and managing Google Workspace environments
- An ability to balance and plan the short-term and long-term actions of the team
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong documentation skills
- Convey technical information and recommendations clearly and concisely
- Create engaging presentations and be able to present to customers in various formats and settings
- Understanding of the dynamics of the K-12 space and the roles of educators, students, IT staff and vendors
- Familiarity with Google Workspace admin console in a K-12 setting, experience using the Enterprise versions of (Standard, Plus or Teaching and Learning) are a plus
- 3+ years professional systems administration experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer interaction and can-do attitude
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.