Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Principal Consultant is a client facing, technologist that works with designated accounts and acts as a value-added technical advocate for Sirius clients. A Principal Consultant is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to Infrastructure solutions, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate products, managed and professional services. The role will act as a team technical lead to the Azure Cloud Managed Services team.
This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to, LOUs (Letters of Understanding), HLDs (High Level Design), Product Quotes (with pricing), LOEs (Level of Efforts), Client Proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work). This role entails the following responsibilities; collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit to Sirius. Lastly, the Solutions Architect role requires the person builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners (OEMs, subcontractors, service providers) in the assigned districts and regions they support.
The Principal Consultant – Managed Services has subject matter expertise of solutions across networking, converged infrastructure, storage, cloud and has a basic awareness of technology solutions in adjacent LOBs. In addition, a Solutions Architect is competent at positioning implementation services within their LOB.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Facing Sales Support – Works with sales account team, interfacing directly with Sirius clients. Builds trusted advisor relationships, understanding client’s business challenges and proposing solutions
- Managed Services – Provide technical leadership to the Azure cloud Managed services team and level 2 and 3 support for cloud managed services customers. Works through an on-call rotation with team members to cover cloud managed services accounts
- Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots cloud-based Azure solutions.
- Develops High Level Designs and Architectures – Creates and documents architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
- Create Proposals – Develop Product Quotes, SOWs (Statements Of Work), LOUs (Letters of Understanding), business cases and RFP responses
- Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners
- Billable Consulting – Provide services as part of client projects that are billable.
- Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of Sirius intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements, etc.)
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years Information Technology work experience in a Solution Architect, Lead Developer, or similar role, to include all the following:
- Experience specific to Microsoft Azure Platform
- Experience providing Architecture leadership around the Azure Platform, being involved in the full life cycle from need to adoption
- At least two (2) of the following Microsoft Azure certifications:
- Azure Solutions Architect – AZ-303 & 304
- Azure Administration – AZ-104
- Azure Security Engineer – AZ-500
- Azure Network Engineer AZ-700
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Technical writing experience
- Azure DevOps Engineer AZ-400
- At least three (3) years of experience in pre-sales engineering and/or sales in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment
- Four (4) years billable consulting experience
- Three (3) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment
- Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management
- Demonstrated experience in the selling and delivery of multi-million dollar enterprise-size, complex projects
- Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.