The Sr Engineer Tech Support & Svc Ops manages all aspects of software and services purchasing for the Technology Department.
The Sr Engineer Tech Support & Svc Ops collaborates with Category Management regarding the procurement lifecycle (to potentially include sourcing activities) within the Technology Department and is directly responsible for executing the contract reviews by either reviewing or delegating the review, being the power user for procurement tools being used by the VMO Team, leading process improvement implementations, completing all software purchases and renewals ontime, entering sourcing invoices for payment, and managing assigned vendors. This role is a subject-matter expert and mentors and coaches junior team members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Address issues of diverse scope by analyzing and evaluating a variety of factors including an understanding of current business needs
- Lead Internal Projects and participate in Technology department projects as requested.
- Serve as the point of contact for emergency issues for all assigned locations/functions to ensure timely communication and resolution
- Identify and recommend ways to streamline process and improve efficiency.
- Negotiate purchase order and contract terms that are favorable to the Technology department as it relates to cost, technical specification, and delivery requirements
- Identify cost savings and cost avoidance opporturnities for software licensing renewals and services. Follow through with vendors and Technology contract owners to obtain identified savings
- Serve as the point of contact between Legal and VMO around contract reviews for all internal Technology Department software and sourcing contracts outside of the scope of Category Management
- Develops and prepares the more complex technical procurement specifications and bidding documents for products and services for formal bid events
- Facilitate conversations on budgeting, software compliance, contracts and /agreements, and cost comparisons.
- Enter and maintain information to address budgeting, software compliance, contracts, and cost
- Respond to requests from users, managers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management Technology Procurment data information
- Make recommendations for Technology Procurement policies, processes, and procedures for effective software lifecycle management to VMO Manager and VMO Procurement Manager
- Perform all new software license and maintenance renewals in collaboration with VMO Category Management and then create the Purchase Orders or contract, complete receiving, and ensure proper amortization and financial rules are communicated to Finance
- Respond to out of compliance purchase orders or contract with the utmost of urgency. Facilitate conversations between management and vendors around purchases, roadmaps, security concerns, renewals, contracts and agreements
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in IT/Technology Procurement
- History of building and maintaining productive cross-functional relationships.
- Strong strategic sourcing experience, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving skills
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Ability to document, write and present information to all stakeholder levels
- Strong ability to multitask and manage multiple issues at once.
- Data analysis skills including: excel knowledge, research work, analyzing reports, data reconciliation
- Project Management and Strategic Sourcing Experience
- Previous team leadership experience
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting principles & Contract Negotiation strategies
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Previous Procurement Analyst experience
- Experience working with large software vendors like Microsoft, Oracle, VMware, ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience with ServiceNow, MS Project, MS Visio
- Experience with PeopleSoft ePro
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions, financial obligations, etc.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.