Technical Architects apply the necessary technical breadth and depth to develop successful CDW services offerings and raise the overall technical capabilities of CDW’s consultants.
The ServiceNow Technical Architect support product sales and technical delivery as an expert in at least two of the following product domains:
- Customer Service Management (CSM)
- Global Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- Human Resources (HR)
- IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- IT Business Management (ITBM)
- IT Operations Management (ITOM)
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Security Operations (SecOps)
They help create and facilitate programs that enable other Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of the products they support on the ServiceNow platform. Additionally, they work collaboratively with the Service Delivery managers to build enablement material and train Delivery on process and technical best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
RESPONSIBILITY FOR DELIGHTING CUSTOMERS - The CDW Engagement Methodology and the CDW Operations Framework define the standards to deliver projects and managed services that will delight our customers. Here are the roles that Technical Architects play in the Methodology and Framework:
- Product Definition – collaborate with Product/Service Development Managers and solution sales teams to identify and validate new Advanced Technology service solution opportunities, build standard operating procedures for solution implementation and support, help to validate economic viability of solutions and to help to build customer value propositions.
- Sales – provide deep and broad technical support to Solutions Specialists, review system designs and participate in bid assurance, as required by customers.
- Planning – participate in kickoff meetings, build solution implementation roadmaps, collaborate with Project Manager and Managing Consultant or Senior Engineer to ensure successful execution of project plans, as required by customers.
- Design – evaluate technical designs for customer systems, review test plans, build proof of concepts and participate in design reviews to ensure alignment with customer’s business requirements.
- Closure – participate in post-project debrief sessions, archive intellectual property and transfer knowledge to Engineers and Managed Services and Practice teams.
- Operations – take practice business plans and create technical roadmaps and strategies for implementation and operations, drive updates to CDW's Operations Framework and establish cross-technology designs and plans. Creation of tools is also part of the role.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUILDING EMPLOYER OF CHOICE REPUTATION - Technical Architects are charged with accelerating the technical development of Engineers. Here are the practices that Technical Architects apply to grow the best and brightest technical professionals.
- Coaching and Development – collaborate with Product Managers, Professional Services Managers and Managing Consultants to build staff and training plans for new effective implementation of Advanced Technology Solutions, provide troubleshooting support for CDW Engineers and on-the-job mentoring for to - be Technical Architects, as required by Engineers.
- Knowledge Sharing and Training – work with Product Managers, Professional Services Managers, Managing Consultants and Training Managers to develop training curriculum for new Advanced Technology solutions. Deliver or facilitate technical training to Engineers, contribute, lead or own internal online discussion groups and virtual team meetings.
- Technology Labs – lead the build-out of engineering labs. This includes driving procurement strategies, vendor early-field trials (EFT’s), and lab documentation and administration.
- Intellectual Property Development – build standard operating procedures for solution implementation and support, author technical white papers, construct tools and processes to reduce the cost of delivering projects, create a standard Engineer toolkit, build virtual labs for internal, hands-on training, implement and deliver customer training and present at vendor partner conferences.
ACCOUNTABILITY - Technical Architects are ultimately accountable for:
- Working with product management to manage profitable, lifecycle storage solution offerings.
- Selling work on projects, through other Engineers and Solutions Specialists.
- Developing and implementing intellectual property, for the benefit of other Engineers.
- Significant involvement in and leadership of managed/hosted/shared network designs and plans.
- Product Management and Development Labs – Architecture, budgeting, procurement and implementation with the goal of maintaining product currency within the PM and Development labs.
- Ability conduct and attend on-camera meetings regularly.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Ten plus (10+) years of large - scale, enterprise - class planning, design, implementation and support experience
- Proven experience building and managing a program/practice for a business unit/organization.
- In depth knowledge of the product domains they want to own responsibility for
- Certified System Administrator (CSA) certified
- Certified Implementation Specialist – IT Service Management (CIS-ITSM)
- Additional CIS certifications for the domains they want to own responsibility for
- Must possess excellent communications skills both orally and written with the ability to effectively interact with Stakeholders and various cross functional teams as well as customers
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- History of successfully coordinating complex projects with multiple facets and stakeholders
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to understand data finding to draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated accountability for delivery against business goals and objectives
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to interact with inside and outside IT services infrastructure
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with minimal supervision
- Outstanding oral, written, technical and business communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Authorized Trainer for ServiceNow on the product domains they want to own responsibility for
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Familiarity with the Partner Success Center on the ServiceNow Partner Portal
- Pre-sales solution consulting, sales engineering or professional services experience in the HR industry.
- Proven pre-sales skills, including the ability to customize solutions, facilitate product demonstrations and effectively communicate ServiceNow value proposition and key differentiators to prospects
- Experience speaking with both business and technical customers at all levels
- Proficiency with the ServiceNow Platform or exhibits technical expertise in SaaS/cloud applications with the ability to learn new technology
- Experience working collaboratively with product management, product marketing and product development
- Experience selling into Federal government is a plus
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.