Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to process internal and external requests for Build Solutions, best practice designs, Presales Network Engineering assistance and sales cycle processes. This role assists in Pre/Post sales and engineering field teams through Configuration processing, technical assistance, professional services opportunity discoveries and Solution Design expertise. This role works in a quality, professional manner to complete responsibilities on time and accurately, resulting in high customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides regional and team coverage of all configuration requests received company wide.
- Provide best practice design validation, licensing requests, research and product support verification.
- Improves response time, turnaround time and sales-cycle efficiency by fielding non-architectural client conversations and configuration operational workload.
- Performs pre-sales activities in conjunction with Sales Teams in educating clients with Sirius Computer Solutions products.
- Prepares and delivers client presentations
- Provides product demonstration to include implementation/migration planning
- Prepares product deliverable templates/client timetables
- Reviews client hardware configuration to ensure client meets necessary requirements
- Performs small to large-scale configuration and solution recommendations based upon customer requirements
- Facilitates order process by responding to technical product inquiries from support staff and field personnel
- Provides guidance to sales force regarding technology updates and/or changes
- Engages with customers for product information and recommendations
- Drive additional professional services and sales opportunities using keen engineering skills and client needs assessments.
- Check available stock levels and sources for build solutions while maintaining solution integrity.
- Client facing, sales driven whiteboarding sessions to solidify client requirements and needs.
- Performs research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Monitors and reports status of efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of goals and implements corrective actions
- Supports bill of materials, quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Provides guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Takes a lead role as the team subject matter expert on certain products or solutions
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc) for the Solution Build practice
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years of IT experience dealing with infrastructure solutions in a specified Sirius practice (Networking, Converged Infrastructure/Storage, etc), to include at least three (3) years in a presales networking engineer or design associate role or similar.
- An Associate level certification from at least one of the following manufacturers: Cisco, Dell, Brocade, HPE Aruba, Riverbed, F5, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Citrix NetScaler, Juniper, Arista
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to configure IT infrastructure systems, including components, tools, and related software
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret technical manuals and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate clients and across internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated project scoping experience
- Working knowledge of these programs and tools: Salesforce, CCW, CCWr, Netformx, MS Tools Suite, Webex Tools Suite, IRIS and Juniper configuration tool.
- At least one (1) year pre or post sales Field experience
- Must be eager and willing to learn new skills everyday
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.