The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing and presenting financial performance for the different business functions across the organization. This role builds financial models to support leaderships financial decision making, provides insightful recommendations and ideas for process improvement.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively provide timely, insightful, actionable, and accurate, financial reporting, analysis, and recommendations to key areas in the organization.
- Develop annual plans for the different business units of the company.
- Build operational financial reports for the business.
- Provide documentation for financial schedules.
- Build successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross functional teams.
- Prepare analysis to support corporate projects and initiatives.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements in reporting and analysis.
- Provide system support.
- Perform monthly reviews of the departmental financial performance vs. plan and prior year. This includes working with department heads and Finance leadership to assist them in understanding results.
- Utilize complex financial models to provide insight on performance targets.
- Automate and improve financial planning processes.
- Provide financial analysis support for key capital projects.
- Build successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross-functional teams.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- External candidates: 3 years previous finance experience.
- Internal candidates: 2 years CDW finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of finance concepts, principles and practices, and the ability to apply them.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with solid experience in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present data to stakeholders for full scenario understanding.
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Understand accounting concepts.
- Working knowledge of financial software tools such as PeopleSoft, Essbase, and Hyperion.
- Macro development.
- Data warehouse experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.