The Supervisor - Process Excellence is responsible for providing a high level of service to our internal and external customers by creating and managing the implementation of workflow efficiencies. The focus is on both processes and the analysis of data from many sources and business partners to track current trends and forecast needs/results to assist in the management of operational processes and create overall efficiencies. The bulk of this work includes interacting directly with peer leadership in the supply chain to influence project outcomes; including those in related areas of finance, procurement, and sales operations; as well as outside partners and consultants. These outcomes will directly impact productivity, staffing, compliance to budget, process improvement projects, and capital projects from conception to completion.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads LEAN implementation, directly influencing operations management’s focus on safety, quality, delivery, aging and productivity.
- Observe and document current state processes to draft an agreed upon standards.
- Participate in observations in all areas of the warehouse operation with direct collaboration of distribution center management
- Understand the tools used to manage this program and provide insights on the design
- Manage and coordinate the work of coworkers, including reviewing work performance, motivating coworkers, coaching for performance, identifying performance concerns and developing solutions, identify the technical strengths and developmental areas of coworkers and administering disciplinary action if necessary.
- Facilitate group meetings to share observations and learnings, highlighting opportunities to improve safety, quality, and efficiency to drive goal achievement and customer satisfaction (daily standup)
- Oversees progress on action log items with distribution center management and provide coaching and support with a focus on ROI and resource management
- Coach and guide distribution center team, in continuous improvement techniques including: LEAN, Change Management, Performance Management
- Conduct time studies and summarize data, including advanced analysis of variation in technique and performance
- Validate outcomes through further observations of warehouse work functions
- Assess the performance of standard processes and identify opportunities to improve resource management
- Develop and document process flows
- Participating in recruitment, selection and on-boarding processes.
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Identify optimization opportunities
- Build KPI measures and build additional reporting to support processes
- Work directly with peer leadership in other functional areas, CDW partners, and outside consultants
- Travel: minimal, project based (1-2 weeks annually)
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years’ leadership experience in a distribution center or manufacturing plant
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple levels of the organization from coworker to director
- Ability to think strategically
- Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate with coworkers at all levels in the organization
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to continually learn new technology and to keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Visio and Word.
- Effective ability to multi-task and handle multiple duties at the same time throughout the day.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to occasionally perform standing, bending, lifting, walking and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Comfort to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise form conveyors and forklifts.
- Application of LEAN Six Sigma certification for real business
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.