Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose for this position is to make innovative and ingenious contributions to new solution/product design and implementation based on an understanding of applicable technology and how it can be applied to solution/product design, considerations of system-wide impact, hardware-software tradeoffs, and business issues for Sirius clients. This position will provide oversight and project guidance and will also take a lead technical role in reviewing and editing Solutions produced by Sirius.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to Pre-Sales – Requirements Gathering, SOW writing, Enterprise Architecture, Pre- sales presentations around services engagements
- Bridges the pre-sales and delivery teams
- Serves as the Technical and service catalog SME, contributing to pre-sales effort and identification of resource requirements
- Maintains constant awareness of Client needs as we deliver large projects. Identifies opportunities, and leads/contributes to scoping, resource requirements, and LOE generation
- Provides pre-sales consultation with Client Executive or Sales Specialists to understand and contribute to Sirius’ technology and service offerings, and to align those offerings with client business requirements
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing client’s requirements to develop IT services offerings that provide significant value to the geography, which also includes recommending solutions and assisting Sales, Engineers, Consultants, and Architects with the development of proposals, quotations, and presentations. Supports engagements across multiple geographies
- Delivery across 2-3 large enterprise accounts
- Creates the structure, processes, roles and responsibilities, and staffs the Enterprise Account project 100%.
- Serves as overall coordinator of and technical escalation point for Sirius Resources
- Runs Technical Review Board / Decision Board weekly / bi-weekly for Sirius / Client cooperative
- Provides leadership and expert advice/counsel on technical subject matters and architecture design to Customers, the Infrastructure Solutions Team, and other Extended Sirius Teams. Recognized by customer, peers, and management as SME expert, staying relevant in upcoming technologies, IT trends and IT transformation
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor. Serves as focal point for communications between both department ITCs and clients, when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products
- Coordinates activities with other departments and agencies, oversees records maintenance, monitors budgets, approves and monitors expenditures, oversees reporting requirements, evaluates program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness. Ensures procedures are being followed and assists in resolving complex problems which require professional level input
- Researches current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management
- Develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral
- Provides direction and technical leadership for Analysts, Specialists, Engineers, and Consultants. Oversees a project team and directs Sirius and customer teams in solution design and development. Provides leadership in creating business cases, financial justification, and solution benefit content for customer ready deliverables and presentation.
- Coordination for Inside Sirius Tasks
- Contributor to the Services Catalog
- Ensures that all Engineering members utilize previously created templates throughout the client engagement cycle
- Ensures that all Engineering documents are redacted and posted in Sharepoint be re-used as templates, tools or pre-sales examples and coordinate thorough review of all Engineering Documents (SOWs, presentations, Deliverables, etc.) prior to sharing with customers
- Engineering Mentoring
- Tracks all certifications and training tracks across all disciplines and establishes shadowing opportunities
- Provides and tracks free training opportunities from vendors and other sources to Engineering team
- Creates and maintains a structured mentoring program for all Engineering level and lower resources, reviewing current and past engagements and lessons learned
- Cultivates and Mentors individuals to publish white papers, Sirius blogs, or speaking engagements at industry events (VMworld, MS TechEd, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least ten (10) years of hands-on IT Infrastructure experience, including three (3) years of consulting experience with large enterprise cross-brand projects
Other Position Requirements
- Currently holds the highest certification available in primary area of technical expertise
- Has one or more published case studies or white papers on key projects or technology (IP)
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.