Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Technical Architect (TA) – Security provides technical architecture support for clients’ engagements including pre-sales support and customer support. This role will focus on Data Security solutions such as Data Discovery & Classification, Data Access Governance, Data Privacy, Data Loss Prevention, Encryption & Key Management, Tokenization & Masking, PKI Infrastructure, Digital Rights Management, and Database Security.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides analyses and technical support for clients’ engagements and assists the account team and other consultants with development of proposals, quotations and presentations; responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business
- Effectively delivers customer presentations, demo instructions and other related collateral
- Performs pre-sales activities in conjunction with Account Teams in educating clients on Sirius’ Security offerings
- Prepares and delivers client presentations
- Provides technical demonstrations to include implementation/migration planning
- Prepares deliverable templates/client timetables
- Develops recommendations based on analysis of business and technical requirements
- Reviews client hardware and software configurations to ensure client meets necessary requirements
- Supports and recommends architecture and design of projects
- Performs account management duties to include research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Prepares sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Performs base level assessments and other discovery activities
- Is mentored by more senior level resources through shadowing and other methods to support growth and develop technical expertise
- Maintains the minimum services participation target objective
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years of related work experience in Data Security solutions
Other Position Requirements
- Experience with IBM, Varonis, StealthBits, BigID, Thales, HelpSystems, Imperva, Broadcom, Seclore and/or other similar Data Security solutions
- Demonstrated ability to architect Security systems and configurations in the designated area of specialty
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships and trust to secure future business.
- Experience deploying IBM Guardium solutions
- Knowledge of Data Privacy regulations such as CCPA and EU GDPR
- Prior technical pre-sales experience
- Relevant certifications in applicable point solutions
- Consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.