The Digital Velocity (DV) team within CDW is responsible for selling Digital Transformation services to help customers meet business velocity objectives.Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform client consulting with technical expertise in the area of network engineering by working with clients to define, develop and deliver network solutions to solve their business objectives.
- Discover, design, plan, and implement next-generation networks using the latest technology such as SD-WAN and network automation.
- Participate in various client engagements intended to assess, improve, and upgrade network infrastructures
- Create and execute test plans to meet engagement requirements for assigned components
- Drive architecture and deliver customer solutions on the Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform with a specialized focus on Azure/AWS capabilities with experience in virtualization, migrations and automation.
- Provide consultation and direction on migrating customers environments to Cloud platforms such as Azure / AWS and lead the migration implementation efforts.
- Conduct solution discovery workshops covering: networks, virtual machines, storage, migrations, disaster recovery and additional cloud services as needed.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology.
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
- Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
- Conduct/lead design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
Education and/or Skill-Set Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support.
- Minimum 2 years of consulting experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of Azure or AWS services.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with related solutions including NVAs, VPN/BGP, Express Route/Direct Connect, and Transit Gateway/vWAN
- 2-4 years relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with GitHub, Visual Studio Team Services and/or other CI/CD tools.
- DevOps experience is a plus.
- Experience with distributed systems is a plus.
- Linux system administration.
- Experience facilitating migrations to Azure or AWS using native services such as Azure Site Recovery or AWS Server Migration Service.
- Experience/Exposure to Azure offerings including Azure App Service, Azure ExpressRoute, Azure SQL PaaS and Network Virtual Appliances.
- Experience with PowerShell, Azure Automation, Azure CLI and/or AWS CLI.
- Experience with infrastructure as code solutions such as: Azure ARM templates, AWS CloudFormation and/or Hashicorp, Terraform.
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as: Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet.
- Proven experience as a technical thought-leader: invents new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies and domain understanding to forge new market opportunities.
- Proven project oversight responsibilities and mentoring of technical teams/consultants.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective to c-level executives.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers. Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs.
- Ability to understand, assess and propose solutions for resolving customer questions and issues.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients.