Velocity Interactive Portal (VIP) is a multi-year, multi-million dollar, strategic initiative that spans all of Digital Velocity (DV) and CDW. VIP is sponsored by the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of DV. VIP will change the way that DV and CDW goes to market.
VIP is building an innovative, strategic technology environment that will drive customer engagement in real-time, accelerate the sales cycle, showcase the latest in emerging cloud technology solutions and provide an immersive experience for CDW sales, customers and partners alike.
VIP is a virtualized ecosystem that will bring together partners, sales leaders, technologists and customers in a collaborative space to view, educate and demo the latest use case or business solutions to accelerate business outcomes.
By bringing together an open environment with vertically aligned architectures, the platform will accelerate development and adoption of new and emerging tech. It will support self-service Case Study/Use case viewing, as well as recorded and live demonstrations to help customers see and understand use-case drive solutions for their specific challenges.
Ready to join the team that will change the world? Well, maybe not the world but definitely the go-to-market strategy of a Fortune 100 company, apply today!
The Software Architect will engage with internal teams to provide technical engineering activities for Hybrid Cloud projects and solutions. This role is expected to have deep technical knowledge in core areas pertaining to project delivery and application development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ability to articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions, as well as own the technical communication to the project stakeholders
- Identify when junior engineers need help and provide it in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Builds cloud infrastructure code and understand CI/CD resources/tools
- Able to delegate domain responsibilities across multiple teams and team members to increase development efficiency & velocity
- Lead code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Proactively helps team members/make suggestions to improve practices
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; take pride in engineering excellence and instill these values in others
- Demonstrable passion for technology while using problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach with an enthusiasm for learning
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review & pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Experienced working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with team members and stakeholders
- Confident communicator; able to communicate a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Flexible in thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Take control of complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Travel estimate up to 15-20%
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of technical architecting experience
- Experience with development in a Linux based environment
- Experience fully developing automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience designing and developing practical API contracts, APIs, and abstractions
- Proficient creating hybrid cloud solutions using things like API server, message queues, db’s, file storage, containers, & microservices
- Experience debugging large components with limited assistance and assisting other engineers with debugging
- Experience performing as an expert in all parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment)
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders
- Ability to self organize and prioritize tasks using team priorities and common sense
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience/Certifications for Cisco, Azure, GCP or AWS
- Experience/Certifications for HashiCorp products and solution suites
- Experience/Certifications for application performance monitoring tools
- Experience/Certifications for Container & orchestration tools experience such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience/Certifications for Bash, Python, Golang, additional scripting languages, additional software development languages
- Previous consulting experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.