Velocity Interactive Portal (VIP) is a multi-year, multi-million dollar, strategic initiative that spans all of Digital Velocity (DV) and CDW. VIP is sponsored by the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of DV. VIP will change the way that DV and CDW goes to market.
VIP is building an innovative, strategic technology environment that will drive customer engagement in real-time, accelerate the sales cycle, showcase the latest in emerging cloud technology solutions and provide an immersive experience for CDW sales, customers and partners alike.
VIP is a virtualized ecosystem that will bring together partners, sales leaders, technologists and customers in a collaborative space to view, educate and demo the latest use case or business solutions to accelerate business outcomes.
By bringing together an open environment with vertically aligned architectures, the platform will accelerate development and adoption of new and emerging tech. It will support self-service Case Study/Use case viewing, as well as recorded and live demonstrations to help customers see and understand use-case drive solutions for their specific challenges.
Ready to join the team that will change the world? Well, maybe not the world but definitely the go-to-market strategy of a Fortune 100 company, apply today!
Key areas of responsibility
- Public and Private Cloud architecture, design, implementation, and operations (Networking, Storage, Compute)
- Hybrid of technical leadership and engineering delivery of cloud automation solutions including, but not limited to; Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Kubernetes / EKS, Containers, CI/CD methodologies and tooling, Event Driven Architectures, etc
- Training, mentoring and code / work review of team members as necessary
- Operate as part of a global team leveraging agile and scrum methodologies
- Take control of complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way
- Work with technology owners and stakeholders to formalize technical requirements and business needs
- Ensure service continuity for key applications and systems by responding to issues in accordance with defined resolution standards
- Develop and maintain automation for key application/service delivery solutions and creation of related documentation and technical training content
- Travel estimate up to 15-20%
- 8+ years of infrastructure experience
- 2-3 years of cloud experience
- Highly proficient with infrastructure and/or physical lab setup
- Experience designing and implementing solutions with Terraform, Ansible or equivalent IaC automation tools and technologies
- Experience implementing system Configuration Management automation with tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, or CodeDeploy
- Working knowledge of various on-premise and cloud connectivity (e.g. Direct Connect, Direct Connect Gateway, Site to Site VPN, and Transit Gateway) options through to cloud network security groups and routing
- Demonstrated proficiency with virtualization technologies, including but not limited to VMware vSphere + ESXi, KVM, Nutanix AHV.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines, containers, and container orchestrators
- Working knowledge of git, GitHub, GitLab or other like source control systems
- Experience developing workshop and presentation content with slides, artifacts, etc. and presenting technical solutions to audiences of varying technical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as role must be able to conduct client facing conversations to drive success in consulting engagements
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with delivery engineering teams
- Ability to create diagrams or visuals that represent proposed architectures using standard diagramming tools (OmniGraffle, MS Visio, PowerPoint, Lucidchart, Draw.io, etc.)
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Ability to take on multiple assigned tasks, organize, and prioritize
- Flexible in thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Experience/Certifications for Cisco/VMware/RedHat
- Experience/Certifications IP/SAN Networking
- Experience/Certifications for Kubernetes, Docker, ECS/EKS, Microservice architecture
- Experience/Certifications for Terraform, Ansible, Packer
- Experience/Certifications for GitHub and GitHub Actions, GitLab and GitLab CI
- Experience/Certifications for AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience/Certifications for Bash, Python, Golang, additional scripting languages, additional software development languages
- Previous consulting experience and/or operations experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.