The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of virtualized and physical infrastructure in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs installations, implementations, upgrades, maintenance, and support of server architecture, software, and utilities
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Conducts network and security audits; tests and performs routine system backups and restores
- Mitigates, anticipates, identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations
- Analyzes system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- Creates required reports for business user needs
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field
- At least three (3) years’ experience with Windows Server technologies, Virtualization, Active Directory, x86 server and Converged Infrastructure technologies such as Cisco UCS, Nutanix, VMware vSAN, etc.
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure technologies including one or more of the following: DHCP, DNS, WINS, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects
- Demonstrated knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls and Active Directory
- Demonstrated knowledge of local area network administration
- Experience with software and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with hyper-converged infrastructure, particularly with Nutanix and VMware vSAN
- Experience with hypervisors such as Acropolis, Hyper-V and/or vSphere
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Cisco/VMWare professional certifications such as: CCNA-DC, VCP, NCP etc.
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The position exists to provide remote technical support and lifecycle consulting solutions to our Managed Services customers and as such requires the ability to interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work after hours.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.