The Capture Strategist manages the contract capture process from pre-RFP strategy development through award, primarily focused on protecting the Probability to Win on defend business for recompetes and enhancing Probability to Win for sprints and partial support opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactive engagement and collaboration with Sales and Business Development to identify Capture opportunities
- Coordinates and secure buy-in from internal and external stakeholders to success in capture and response efforts.
- Develops, maintains, and executes formal capture plans, including but not limited to pricing strategy, partnering plan, and strategy to overcome identified obstacles, for target contracts.
- Researches the target customer and contract to understand customer priorities, response requirements, and evaluation criteria and process
- Conducts research analyses to identify competition, as well as solution gaps and areas of opportunity
- Assist sales with capture consulting efforts (records requests, understanding customer contract portfolios, unsolicited proposal efforts)
- Engages and collaborates with account managers, advanced technology account executives, sales managers, and proposal writers during capture plan development and execution.
- Formally transfers information and strategy to proposal writers for target contracts upon RFP release.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process.
- Tracks RFP progress toward the drop date and immediately mobilizes response team upon RFP release.
- Attends customer onsite meetings and industry days, as needed.
- Aligns with state and local sales teams to generate quarterly and annual strategic objectives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Creates tools, leveraging segment purchasing trend information to assist the sales teams in closing sales.
- Responds to key RFI’s, market research requests and other pre-RFP customer requests.
- Assists in creating and checking compliance matrices for target contracts.
- Presents progress on and results of capture efforts to Sales Leaders on a quarterly basis.
- Secures/prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance write-ups, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Schedules, prepares materials for, and leads black hat, purple and blue team meetings.
- Maintains communication with CDW stakeholders around contract targets.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years relevant experience in Sales, Proposals, or another related field
- Demonstrated track record of success in strategic sales
- Exceptional strategic thinking ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management, and executives
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as needed to other CDW locations, meeting and client sites
- Two years contract capture experience
- Experience with IT Sales
- Wide network of IT manufacturer contacts
- Applicable Sales segment and/or market contracts background
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.