The Digital Merchandising Specialist is responsible for executing the vision of the Digital Merchandising team while supporting all merchandising needs to drive an exceptional customer experience on CDW’s websites. This individual will be responsible for working across all Digital product teams and establishing close working relationships across Product and Partner Management and Marketing departments. This role will be responsible for managing and maintaining our internal tools such as search and PIM and aligning those tools to meet our company goals.
Residing in Digital Sales & Operations, the Digital Merchandising Specialist will play a vital role in establishing a state-of-the-art Digital Merchandising function that enables our internal and external stakeholders to deliver exceptional service to our customers, while ensuring an optimal customer experience online.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Execute the strategy for the Digital merchandising function that aligns to overall department goals.
- Maximize CDW’s Digital KPIs through merchandising and product optimization by leveraging digital analytic tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in products categories, consumer behavior and insights
- Manage on-site search, browse and navigation experiences for increased product findability and selection by applying business rules in our internal search engine and managing CDW’s eCommerce taxonomy.
- Work with product teams on new or existing features or pages to further enhance how CDW’s products and categories are reflected on its websites.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Partner Management and Brand teams in reaching their goals through CDW’s websites.
- Enhance the customer experience through merchandising strategy and a clear customer journey.
- Own the merchandising calendar for homepage updates and site promotions.
- Responsible for optimizing digital product data and creating a PIM governance process.
- Manage algorithm strategies for CDW’s product recommendation engine and maximize cross sell opportunities throughout the websites.
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation team to define co-op strategies and opportunities for CDW’s websites.
- Conduct A/B testing to continuously measure and improve performance of merchandising initiatives.
- Collaborate with multiple departments/partners and coordinate cross-functional and department needs.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 3 years Digital Merchandising or eCommerce related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Experience working with product information management (PIM) systems such as Informatica P360, Salsify, or other PIM systems
- Management of on-site search keywords and business rules in internal search engines such as Fusion, or Elastic
- Experience with creating and analyzing reports using website analytic tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines, balancing priorities and using creative problem-solving skills.
- History of successful project management
- Strong customer service skills and proficiencies.
- Strong collaboration skills, with a history of building solid relationships with stakeholders.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.