As a member of our Delivery Services organization, The Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for managing the successful deployment of ServiceNow solutions to a customer, acting as the primary customer contact for services, handling any issues arising, escalating as appropriate, providing status reporting to all stakeholders and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and project profitability.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Own Professional Services delivery to a customer
- Understand the customer business including the business issues and problems being resolved by the Professional Services engagement
- Single point of contact for a customer for ServiceNow engagement and provides a conduit to other ServiceNow teams as required
- Drive and manage project risks, including identification, analysis and communication, monitoring and control while increasing the probability of positive outcome.
- Manage project team work-area/backlog
- Uses consultative skills and understanding of technology to explain how ServiceNow addresses requirements and objectives
- Plan and deliver project kick-off meetings.
- Facilitate Examine (requirements gathering) workshops to translate business requirements to tangible configuration in ServiceNow (Stories)
- Scrum Master for Sprint cycle during deployment
- Hold regular project review calls / meetings with customers
- Project status reporting for stakeholders
- Forecast and plan for resourcing needs
- Identify up sell opportunities and engage Sales & Pre-Sales teams
- Validation and tracking of value delivered by ServiceNow solution
- Responsible for customer satisfaction throughout the engagement cycle
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Delivery Services processes as well as the maturing of the different portfolios, capabilities, expertise, and best practices in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Ensure all time is recorded accurately and keep calendar up-to-date with scheduled activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in a Technical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software project management experience.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to set appropriate expectations with the customer
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Power User comfort level with ServiceNow as a daily tool
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving governance, program/project management, business process and/or technical problems
- Program definition and Managing multiple projects and initiatives in large customer accounts
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Active listening skills, respecting others' point of view and take ownership of contributing the required input while demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, and presentational)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing assistance in solving business processes and relay that in English and not just IT jargon
- Ownership, accountability, and attention to detail in all work efforts
- Maturity, professionalism, and judgment; ability to excel with minimum supervision
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always “make it right”
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Management or Information Technology, and proven background in consulting and project management
- Certified Scrum Master or PMP certification preferred
- ITIL Certified
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.