Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Management, the Product Manager, ScrumMaster will have the opportunity to direct the product strategy for data science and advanced analytics related initiatives for the Enterprise Data Science and Advanced Analytics Team. The team creates insights and data products to help CDW learn more about its customers and its business processes, and to enable our sales and marketing to be more efficient and effective. The position involves being responsible for leading the activities surrounding the business analysis, product development, product management, stakeholder acceptance testing, stakeholder adoption and enablement while maintaining a high standard of quality and team leadership.
The Product Manager will collaborate with product owners and development team members to create and maintain product roadmaps and collect/report on product adoption, usage and business impact measures, and be knowledgeable about changing customer needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely with internal technical team members and business stakeholders to shape the success of projects.
- Build professional relationships with business stakeholders, understand their challenges, and bring ideas back to the AI team for product ideation.
- Manage stakeholder expectations throughout the product lifecycle by fine-tuning requirements and features.
- In collaboration with the development team, develop scope, requirements definition and delivery of top strategic product initiatives.
- Define and prioritize the product development roadmaps (short- and long-term) with a strong product portfolio management analytical approach.
- Interact with the Senior Manager, Product Management to keep abreast of objectives and progress on product roadmaps.
- Work cross functionally with all business groups to understand emerging customer and business trends that require brand new product features or enhancements to existing features to be developed.
- Create and manage reporting and scorecards for strategic products.
- Identify opportunities to improve partner and customer experience by leveraging data and analytics.
- Define and deliver stakeholder enablement opportunities, including but not limited to: demos, training, and office hours. Measure effectiveness of enablement activities.
- Become familiar with existing data assets by identifying the most critical data needed by each data product, and then understanding how the data assets can be leveraged in new opportunities. This will mean balancing agility requirements in some business areas.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience in IT product management in data and analytics related initiatives.
- Experience with initiatives incorporating big data, advanced business intelligence, analytics, data science and/or machine learning technologies.
- Past experience collaborating across functional business areas, such as sales, customer success, recruiting, finance, accounting, and marketing.
- Execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Passion to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Product Plan or other product roadmap tools.
- Proficient in Azure DevOps Boards.
- Proficient in Agile methods for software development and an understanding of why modern product teams succeed.
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills.
- Expertise in writing epics, user stories and product test scripts.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business stakeholders while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
- Ability to share highly complex and technical information effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction. Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast-changing environment.
- PMI PMP certification or ScrumMaster certification.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.