The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Sr ML Application Engineer is a key player in the Data Science & Analytics team. This role will be responsible for Application engineering, testing and management for the end-to-end ML and Application development and deployment pipeline including data products. This role will leverage CDW’s AI labs environment to enable the delivery of internal developed products and commercial software packages.
Reporting to the Sr Manager AI Engineering & Architecture of Data Science and Analytics the Sr ML Application Engineer must have data infrastructure, data engineering and Application development skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling applications in a cloud/on prem environment, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed. In addition, strong technical leadership skills are required with a vision for how data science driven applications can proactively improve company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads in designing and building data science driven applications based on requirements and specifications.
- Leads in the customization and addition of new features to commercial software packages and internally developed applications according to end user requests.
- Leads in the configuration, maintenance, enhancement and support of commercial software packages, internally developed applications, and web services.
- Liaise with designers to decide on UI/UX elements (like graphics and navigation buttons).
- Supports the configuration, deployment, and execution of CI/CD pipelines in alignment with SDLC methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outline best practices and establish standards for Application engineering strategy, application/product lifecycle and ownership.
- Writes technical documentation and uses best development practices regarding version control and testing.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Business Stakeholders, Business Analysts, ML Data Engineering, Architects, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and IT to understand application needs and deliver on those needs.
- Contribute and support the development of the overall data science and machine learning application strategy and roadmap.
- Leads the maintenance of day-to-day operations of various applications.
- Stay abreast of technology development in retail and other industries.
- Support delivery of scalable products.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Application / Product development, Software developer and software engineering.
- Strong experience building products with focus on integration of databases, Analytics, and user interfaces.
- Work within project teams on iterative development that delivers high quality products.
- Embrace an Agile mindset of relentless and continuous self-improvement.
- Experience with Unit Testing and Integration testing or TDD (test driven development).
- Programming: C#, Java, C, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Web Services, Web API, ADO.NET, Entity Framework 4/6, LINQ, Python (Django, Flask), Spark Scala.
- SQL/No-SQL Database: MS SQL, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Redis, Amazon Simple DB, Neo4J, Azure cosmos DB.
- Other Technologies: Git, Team Foundation Server, Bitbucket, Subversion, ClearCase, XML, Jasmin, RESTful, JSON, Postman, IIS, Apache Server, Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic, F5 NGINX.
- Developer Tools: PyCharm, IntelliJ IDEA, Nuclide, Visual Studio code, Komodo.
- Cloud: Azure SQL, Azure Storage Blob, ADLS, Azure Load Balancer, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Application Gateway, API Management, Azure App Service, Azure container.
- CI/CD: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps.
- Containers – Modern build with microservices.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.