Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Enterprise Architect is a client facing, pre-sales technologist that works with designated accounts and acts as a value- added technical advocate for Sirius clients. An Enterprise Architect is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to Infrastructure solutions, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate products, managed and professional services.
This role builds and strengthens client relationships both at the C-level and throughout the client’s organization. The Enterprise Architect takes a consultative approach to influence client thinking on strategic initiatives, spur innovative approaches, and drive successful client business outcomes.
The Enterprise Architect has deep subject matter expertise in solutions across multiple Lines of Business(LOB), such as Application Rationalization, Workload Placement, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, IT Governance, Networking, Converged Infrastructure, Cloud, and Managed Solutions. An EA also has a solid understanding of technology solutions in adjacent areas, such as Digital, Data & Security. The Enterprise Architect (EA) is an expert in assembling solutions and related materials for multiple LOBs, and sequences activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin. An EA functions as a single point of contact for multiple technologies, serves as a team leader, and mentors others within Sirius. The EA leads, positions and sells both implementation, advisory and strategy services for multiple LOBs without additional assistance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Facing Sales Support – Works with sales account team, interfacing directly with Sirius clients. Builds trusted advisor relationships, understanding client’s business challenges and proposing solutions
- Client facing work will include, but not be limited to:
- Researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating alternatives, making recommendations, and presenting to management
- Performing business outcome assessments across multiple architectures
- Develops High Level Designs and Architectures – Creates and documents architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
- Create Proposals – Work with Sirius team members to prepare Professional Services Scope Of Work, LOUs (Letters of Understanding), business cases, and RFx responses
- Researches current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents to management
- Performs business outcome assessments across multiple architectures
- Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long-term trusted relationship status
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Billable Consulting – Provide and deliver services as part of client projects that are billable. Usually in a project oversight mode. Typical billable expectation is 30%.
- Is a mentor to Data Center Transformation consultants and program managers
- Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of Sirius intellectual property and industry recognition, including white papers, speaking engagements, and marketing collateral.
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least ten (10) years of IT experience dealing with data center transformation solutions in the Cloud Engineering space, including five (5) years of experience with large enterprise cross-brand projects
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Technical writing experience
- At least ten (10) years of experience in customer facing Pre-Sales engineering in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment
- Four (4) years billable consulting experience
- Three (3) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment
- Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management
- Demonstrated experience in the selling and delivery of multi-million dollar enterprise-size, complex projects
- Documented or Certified skills in at least one of the following cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services, MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
- CTO, CIO, CISO experience a plus
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.