The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Data Research analyst will play an important role in Data Science and AI team to foster value creation from the use of the organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem. The responsibilities include value creation through data research and ensuring that data science products provide most value to end users. This role works with the business users to understand requirements and communicate with the Data Product teams to meet the data and insight needs at the enterprise level.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for researching data sources, both first-party and third-party, to identify meaningful & powerful attributes that will feed reporting insigths and marketplace targeting, as well as to add value to CDW’s portfolio of sales rep and customer tool sets (products).
- Serves as a key player in third-party data research, testing and usage application, plus helping define requirements for the consumption of third-party data into CDW’s enterprise data environment.
- Be a subject mater expert around third-party purchased data: Use cases, data variables & format, update frequency, expansion plans, roll-off plans, etc. Interface with vendors to corrdinate data changes, update schedules, issues & resolutions.
- Troubleshoots data file related issues, both first-party and third-party data.
- Responsible for executing internal audits of data sets, communicate issues and recommend solutions.
- Supports data-driven decision making by enabling a persistent test & learn environment.
- Compiles, prepares, and translates complicated data into simple, high level data sets and summaries/information for leadership
- Actively participate in the industry externally through internet research, white papers and/or conferences.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user interface prototypes.
- Maintain macro-view of key processes, application platforms, business requirements and business functions across the organization.
- Provide creative thinking and new ideas to resolve existing problems.
- Provide a structure for evaluating solution options.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Graduate degree with a concentration on Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in digital analytics, direct or database marketing, applied mathematics discipline, econometrics, and/or statistics.
- Relational database (SQL) experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels
- Experience in leading business analysis teams and managing implementation projects that utilize big data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
- Strong experience building end-to-end data views.
- Ability to effectively present information, interact with and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Passion to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new techniques.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation.
- Understanding of core Hadoop technologies (e.g. Pig, Hive, Impala, Spark, Java or Python UDFs, etc.)
- Experience in one or more statistical or scripting languages, such as Python, R, Matlab, SAS, Perl, Java, etc.
- Exposure to algorithm development for parallel computing environments, such as Hadoop
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.