The Digital Velocity (DV) team within CDW is responsible for selling Digital Transformation services to help customers meet business velocity objectives. Including but not limited to Cloud Native solutions, DevOps/SRE patterns and practices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and software development.
Each BDM covers a region and should have 10+ years in technology solutions, pre-sales and/or engineering. They work to understand and implement our customer’s business strategy through the balanced portfolio of solutions by:
- Developing an understanding and capability to position CDW Digital Velocity Solutions in key areas including Infrastructure, Applications, Data Resiliency, Software modernization/development and leverage DevOps/SRE approaches to delivering successful outcomes.
The BDM, in conjunction with pre-sales resources, will perform requirements gathering and will lead the efforts to deliver business outcome-led proposals. Positioning the value of services engagement methodology will be key to the success in positioning DV and will lead to success in maximizing DV Practice GP.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive DV consulting growth in their key markets through a combination of evangelism, public speaking and thought leadership. They will also guide new DV services by leveraging industry analysis and building key OEM relationships.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with vendor partners.
- Increase awareness of CDW's value proposition within accounts through regular and consistent strategic account planning.
- Demonstrate good teamwork with coworkers and follow the specific directives of the CDW management team.
- Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW's DV. Focus on driving and closing DV category and services revenue to achieve the overall DV revenue and gross profit targets.
- Be a primary contact and sales resource for all local CDW Field Account Executives, Advanced Technology Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives and customers.
- Exceed category revenue and profit goal consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
- Exceed services revenue and gross margin targets consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
Customer/OEM/ Partner Management
- Lead OEM engagement strategies in the region based on the region's strategic business plan.
- Engage local OEM and Partner field representatives, collaborating sales efforts and partnerships with target accounts including uncovering new account opportunities and secure funding opportunities.
- Develop solid business relationships within the various decision-makers at all levels at key customer accounts.
- Understand each target customer's business model and related organizational structure and identify the customers' unique needs.
- Maintain an up to date pipeline and forecast of Top, Middle and Bottom of funnel opportunities.
- Manage creation and completion of SOWs for end customers.
Education and/or Skill-Set Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or the equivalent in experience.
- Ten or more years’ experience in assessing business drivers and translating them into solutions.
- Five or more years’ experience selling in a high technology customer facing sales environment.
- Experience selling technical services.
- Experience in product development.
- Deep technical knowledge in the following pillars of technology:
- Multi Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Software Defined Infrastructure
- Software Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate, work independently, and recommend business strategies.
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communications skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, operating systems, high availability and IT communications.
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent creative writing, technical writing, and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrates skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and is able to solve complex problems.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.