The Software Solutions Executive is responsible for identifying and closing new software and services opportunities into CDW territory and majors accounts. This position will require presenting CDW’s software solutions capabilities through customer-facing meetings, CDW hosted events, and selected partner events.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide analysis and recommendations to C level executives on their digital work initiatives and how to maximize existing investments.
- Deliver customer-centric business outcomes to clients.
- Present the CDW Digital Experience Value Proposition to potential customers and partners to educate all customers on the robustness of our products.
- Achieve all assigned revenue, services and gross profit goals including penetration and consumption metrics.
- Proactively drive incremental growth of Digital Experience solutions within each customer.
- Manage customer opportunities from qualification to close.
- Drive Microsoft cloud consumption in territory.
- Follow up and close pending deals directly with customers.
- Solution Sales: Position and Identify CDW Software Services Opportunities.
- Provide accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts to management including updating CDW’s software services pipeline and CRM tool.
- Collaborate with CDW Field Account Executives and Account Managers to identify and close software and services opportunities.
- Build and deliver training sessions to CDW Account Executives and Account Managers to increase understanding of the CDW Digital Experience value proposition and drive incremental services business.
- Actively seek to expand existing solutions opportunities through partnering with the extended Digital Experience team.
- Effectively collaborate with team members within Integrated Technology Solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with inside and field-based solutions partners.
- Engage with Partner Sales teams to identify and close solutions & services engagements. This includes strategic planning, forecasting, marketing events, and account penetration strategies.
- Subject Matter Expert for all Microsoft services offerings.
- Develop and adjust CDW's sales go-to-market solutions.
- Awareness and understanding of CDW's scoping and delivery processes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Associates’ Degree
- 2 years of sales experience
- Proven customer-facing ability
- Ability to present and close business to senior level officers
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of meeting deadlines and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years minimum sales experience in Microsoft Licensing and contractual software licensing
- 2 years previous field sales experience
- Proven ability to exceed sales quotas on a regular basis
- Strong customer and vendor relationships in designated territory
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.