Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose for this position is to oversee the integrity of information in the maintenance/asset management tool. The role requires a client service-oriented individual who possesses a high degree of written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to foster teamwork, as well as work effectively as an individual team member. This position will be responsible for the daily operations, maintenance and enhancement of the maintenance/asset management tool. Attention to detail combined with efficient, first time quality work are key requirements to success in the Portal Administrator role.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Upload contract details daily to ensure data quality for our clients. Analyze and validate large amounts of data in Excel on a daily basis.
- Create and modify standard sales reports on an as needed basis which details user information, client information and contract expirations information. Oversee the functionality of the maintenance/asset management tool and work with IT and Management to resolve any systematic issues
- Add new internal and external users to the maintenance/asset management tool.
- Work independently with internal resources and external partners to address and resolve questions/issues with regards to client information in the maintenance/asset management tool.
- Offer enhancement recommendations and help implement new enhancements to the maintenance/asset management tool.
- Participate in the develop of training plans and conduct training sessions for new team member on boarding, or continuing education for existing team members on the maintenance/asset management tool.
- Assist in documenting policy/procedures and established standard practices for the maintenance/asset management tool.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of work experience in a sales support, administrative, or similar role that involves working with IT hardware, software, and/or maintenance contracts
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), to include the ability to use different formulas and filters to analyze data in Excel
Other Position Requirements
- Ability to analyze and define quality assurance metrics
- Skills in comprehension and interpretation of technical product information
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, multitasking and prioritization skills with the ability to re-prioritize work as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and embrace change with composure, resilience, and perseverance in the face of constraints, high pressure, and adverse situations. Ability to adapt in a dynamic and always changing environment
- Ability to perform work requiring a high level of attention to detail
- Effective/efficient data entry skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 3 years of IT industry experience, to include working with IT hardware, software, and/or maintenance contracts
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.