The Sr Software Eng I - Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Sr Software Eng I participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to CDW best architecture practices, coding standards, and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other CDW teams to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, and storyboards.
- Develop and update Disaster Recovery plans and participate in DR testing activities.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status as part of daily scrums to the agile team, product owners, and product managers.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Admin team and other team members.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years in application development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with Lightning framework
- Must have knowledge and practical application of Visualforce, APEX; Force.com APIs, Web Services, and Experience builder
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Extended experience with applying object oriented design concepts to software development.
- Hands on experience in Salesfroce development lifecycle including Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment, Unit & Integration Testing, Post Production Support
- Experience with source control systems like Azure DevOps, GIT
- Experience with creation and maintenace of Salesforce profiles permissionsets
- Experience in Salesforce integration with external systems and managed packages
- DBMS SQL Server, Azure SQL, MongoDB
- Experience supporting large scale Saleforce implementations including mutliple instances
- Experience with Salesforce GovCloud
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.